Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Voltron LANCE onehsot--Mermaids

Another suggestion made a while back by my friend you can call her Talia . It's kinda like an altean lance au, except he's not altean??? You'll see. 

AU where everyone went to the mermaid planet. I couldn't find a name so we're calling in Depthia(from the episode's name)


My name is Lance Mclain. I'm currently the paladin of the blue lion, bot no one knows my secret: I'm not a human.
I'm actually a mermaid from another planet. I had always wanted to explore the universe. I was born from a earthling ande a mermaid, so I used my human side to grow legs and travel the universe to go meet my father.
Turns out, he had died long ago. But his family took me in.
I missed my mother dearly and missed swimming in the water. I often have to go swimming in secret at the altean pool just to stay hydrated enough to keep my human form.
But I could never tell anyone from Voltron my secret. They would force me to return to the waters.

________

"Good morning paladins!" Alurra smiled.
"Morning!" we all said.
"Today we're going to go the planet Depthia, for an alliance."

I dropped my spoon in shock. Depthia! MY HOME! I was finally going home! But, that meant they might find out!

"Lance!" Alurra snapped in front of my fingers. "Lance, did you hear me?"
"No, sorry. I zoned out." Lance said.
"Its fine," Alurra said. "I said we will be taking the Blue lion since it is the guardian of water. It will move faster."
"Ok, got it." I said. "But, maybe I could just...stay in the lion this time? I don't want to mess anything up..."
"Lance," Keith put a hand on my shoulder. "We appreciate you. You don;t mess everything up."

I sighed. They were being very kind to me ever since I told them about  depression. They were very understanding.

"Ok," I said. "Thanks."

_________

The blue lion splashed into the crystal blue water of Depthia. We dove deep deep down until we reached the city. It looked exactly the same, except for a giant underwater forest. It wasn't there when I left.
We existed the lion and swam to the underwater castle. My queen, Luxia, greeted us.
"Welcome to Dephtia paladins," she said. "Here we are all safe and warm."

Huh, weird way to greet someone, I thought.

"It is an honor to be here," Alurra said.
 We all bowed.
"Please, follow me." Luzia said. "We shall discuss over food."


We all sat at her large table while the food was served. It was weird, this wasn't' the food I remembered.
"I hope you all enjoy the food," My queen said. "It was picked freshly form the baku garden."
"Oh, is that that giant forest out there?" I asked.
"Why yes, I'm glad you noticed. The baku garden fell from the sky one day and answered our prayers. For our planet was gong hungry before it arrived."
"So, your majesty," Shiro said. " We came to ask about your planet possibly providing refugee for the voltron coalition."
"Please," Luxia said. "Eat first. Our chefs worked hard."
The team nodded and started to eat.
I didn't. Queen Luxia normally always put business first. And this food was from some random garden that came out of nowhere? Something was fishy.

Suddenly, I noticed everyone had visibly relaxed. They were slouching and giggling and had lazy looks in their eyes.
"I just love this place.." Shiro said.
"Yeah," Kieth and Alurra said in unison.
"We should like, stay here." Pidge said.
"Totally." Hunk said. "Like, forever..."

WHAT WAS GOING ON?!

Queen Luxia said nothing. She just nodded along as if she agreed.
I had a feeling this had something to do with her. But, I needed to play along if I didn't want to get into trouble.
"Yeah," I said. "Like, who would want to leave?"
"Come paladins," Luxia said. "Let us go to bed."

_______

While the others were sleeping, I stayed alert. And it was good too, because suddenly three mermaids with jellyfish on their heads came in with large bags. They were trying to kidnap the others!
"Hey, what do you think your doing?" Lance swam to them.
"Wait, how are you not mind swished?!" one asked.
"Whats that?"
"Please, come with us, we'll explain."

These were the only people who weren't acting all "Here its safe and warm!" so I couldn't help but believe them.
"Ok, but leave the others. We don't want the queen to get suspicious." I said.

_______

Once we were safe, the three introduced themselves as Plaxum, Swirm and Blumfump.

"Ok, so what's going on here?" Lance asked. "I used to live here, but everything changed!"
"Wait, but your an earthling? How could you have lived here?" Swirm asked.
"My father was an earthling and my mother was a mermaid. So, I can turn in between both. But as much as I want to turn to my mermaid form right now, I don't want my team to know."
"Speaking of our team," Plaxum said. "We should probably explain to you whats going on with them"

"You see," Blumfump said. "The queen is mind swishing everyone! Trapping them down here! We're the only ones left of the rebellion against her. She's mind swished your friends. Except you somehow."
"I think I know how she's doing it!" I said.
"How?" Swirm asked. "We have our theories,  ut we'd love to hear a new one!"
"Everyone ate the food from that weird Baku garden except me. Once they ate it, they went all "Everything's safe and warm!" and "I don't want to leave!"."
"That could be it!" Plaxum said.

"So, how are we gonna free everyone?" I asked.
"Our plan is to use a bunch of these," Blumfump held up a weird dead looking fish. "To free your friends from the mind-control."
"What are they?"
"They spray a serum we made that frees  brain from the mind-control when it hits someone." Swirm said.

...

"Here's the plan," Blumfump said. "Lance, you go in and act all mind swished and get into the castle. Then, free your friends with the serum. Then we'll come in an elp you fight the Queen!"
"Ok, got it." I said.
"Lance, we wanted to ask you something," Swirm said.
"Yeah?"
"If this works, and we free the planet, would you like to stay with us for a little while in your mermaid form?" Plaxum asked.
I thought about it.
"I'm not sure..." I said. "I have a responsibility as a part of Voltron."
"It wouldn't be forever. Just for a few days. We know you missed it here."
"I'll think about it." I said.

________________________

I swam up to the guards with a dazed look in my eyes.
"Hey guys! Isn't everything just so safe and warm!" I said.
I was grabbed by the guards and taken to the throne room.

"I had a feeling you would return Lance," Queen Luxia said. "Nevertheless, after abandoning us we simply cannot allow you leave again."
She remembered/recognized me?!
"Servants, take Lance to the dungeon!"

A pair of side doors opened and the other paladins swam forward and grabbed Lance.
"Guys! Its me!" Lance grunted.
"Must keep Queen safe and warm," the paladins said.
I wiggled out of their arms and threw the fishserum.
Shrio kicked it aside and launched himself at me.

"Shoot!" I cried.
I used my jetpack to fly to the fish.
Suddenly, I was thrown against the wall by Keith. I couldn't break free.
"I didn't want it to come to this, but-" I ripped off my armor in the lower rejoin and and transformed into my mermaid form.
With my new strength of my tail, I pushed Keith off of me and grabbed the fish. I threw it at the paladins and it released the serum.

"Wh-What's going on?" Hunk asked.
"Lance?! What happened to you?! WHY DO YOU HAVE A TAIL?!" Alurra yelled.
"No time!" I swam past them. "We have to get the queen!"

TIME SKIP TO AFTER THE BAKU GARDEN IS DISCOVERED TO BE THE CULPRIT AND IS DEFEATED:


"Lance, what happened to you?" Pidge asked.
"Well, It's simple really. I was born on this planet to a mermaid, but my father was an earthling." I said.
"Why didn't you tell us?" Shiro asked.
"I thought you would think less of me. And won't let me be a part of Voltron anymore,"
"Oh Lance, we would never do that!" Hunk said.
"Just, tell us next time, ok?" Keith said.
"Ok," I said.

THE END











1 comment:

  1. I was reading the first part where they said he never messed up and I was like "Who wrote this, def not Molly, she likes to unleash hell on us too much"

    ReplyDelete