Saturday, February 9, 2019

Voltron KLANCE AU oneshot--Farmer and Alien AU

Does this even count as an au due to season 8? Never mind, I don't care.

Inspired by one of my fav artists:





Also, one of my fav counry songs to put you in the mood!




Lance awoke to the rooster's crowing. Lance was a humble farmer in the countryside. He tended to his crops, flower garden, and cows. It was very lonely. Lance had very few friends, and many lived two hours away in the city. He used to have a girlfriend, Nyma, but she had cheated on him. They had broken up a year ago.
Lance lived all alone for a year, seeing friends once a month, if at all.

Lance sat up and stretched. He got his overalls and straw hat on and went to tend to his crops.

________________________________

Lance stepped out into the sun. It was very windy!
"That's weird," Lance said. "We never usually get wind around-HEY!!!"

Lance looked up, and saw that the wind was being caused by a UFO! A large purple spotlight started to shine down on one of Lance's cows. The cow suddenly started to float up to the ufo.

"It's abducting my cows!" Lance gasped.
 Lance ran back inside and grabbed his rifle. His father had taught him when he was twelve just in case. Lance shot at the ufo 3 times. It must've hit a key part of the ufo, because it came crashing down.



Lance slowly approached the ufo.
He climbed up to where he amused the windshield was. He smashed it open, and saw the unconscious alien pilot.
The alien had purple skin with furry ears. His hair was black and long.
There was also a huge wolf whimpering next to the alien.

"Oh my god..." lance breathed.
Lance noticed there was blood dripping from the alien's head.
"Oh god it's hurt!" Lance tried to get closer but the space wolf started to growl.
"Look, I'm just trying to help!" lance said
The wolf stepped away and let lance lift the alien from its seat.

_____________________________

Lance had bandaged the alien's head and put it in his bed. The alien's face was calm as it slept.
The space wolf laid at his alien master's feet.
Lance looked down at the alien. For another species, the alien looked almost human. And kinda cute at that.
Wait no, Lance shook his head. I'm not a furry!

Suddenly, the alien started to stir. It sat up and groaned.
"Uhhg, where am I?" it groaned.
From it's voice,. Lance could tell it was male.
"Hi," Lance said.
"Who are you?"
"I'm Lance. You were abducting my cows, so I shot your ship down."
"Oh, so that's what their called." the alien said. "Sorry, Kosmo was hungry." he nodded towards the space wolf.....WAIT YOU SHOT MY SHIP DOWN?!"
"Uh yeah!" Lance said. "You were stealing my livestock with intent on feeding it to this thing!" Lance pointed to the wolf.
"His name is Kosmo!"

"Speaking of which, what's you name?"
"Yorak. But in your earth terms, it translates to Keith."
"Ok, so what are you?"
"I'm a galra. The galra are bloodthirsty monsters. I hate it, so I've been living on the run for a while."
"Ok, I didn't ask for your life story bud."
"Sorry."

"Well, your ship's pretty busted." Lance said.
"Great." Keith groaned.
"So, I guess your gonna have to stay here for a while. But your gonna have to earn your keep!"
"How?"
"Well, you can help by cleaning my house. I'm always so busy working I never have any time to clean."
"Who's telling their life story now?" Keith smirked.
"Get some rest. You'll start tomorrow."

____________________________________

Keith awoke to a strange sound.
"What the hell is that?" he asked aloud.
"That my alien friend," Lance walked in. "Is a rooster. Nature's alarm clock."
"What's an alarm clock?"
"It tells you when to stop sleeping. So stop sleeping!" Lance handed Keith a piece of paper. This is how I want you to clean my house and where everything goes. Got it?"
Keith looked over the list:


  • Make the bed
  • Sweep the kitchen.
  • Organize the junk drawer
  • Do the laundry
  • Do the dishes
"Do you know how to do this stuff?" Lance asked.
"I did a little research before I came to Earth. Not a lot, but I know some basics. I think I understand. Just,what's a junk drawer?"
"You can skip that one, its hard if you don't know what's considered junk.

Keith crossed out Junk drawer on the list.

  • Organize junk drawer

"Got it." Keith said.
"Now, I gotta go do my work. See you at noon!" Lance tipped his straw hat and walked out.

_______________________________

Keith did all the chores and was washing the dishes as Lance walked in. He was sweating and holding a basket of lettuce, tomato, and carrots.
"Hey," Lance said. "Did you finish the chores?"
"Just now finishing the dishes." Keith said.
"Cool, thanks!" Lance put the basket down and washed his hands and the veggies.
Then, he got out two plates, a bowl, and a knife and cutting board. Lance started to cut some carrots.
"What are you doing?" Keith asked.
"What do you think? I'm making lunch." Lance shrugged.
"But why two plates?"
"You need to eat too!" Lance said. "You may be earning your keep, but I hope we can become friends in all this."
"I hope so too." Keith looked down.

"So, what are you making?" Keith looked over at Lance cutting his carrots.
"Salad. I wanted to save soup for tonight." Lance said.
"I don't know what either of those are." Keith said. "But can I help?"
"Sure! Will you take that knife and cut the tomatoes?"
"Sure!" Keith said. he grabbed the knife and stabbed the tomato.
"What are you doing?!"
"Cutting the tomato!"
"No, this is how you to it," Lance grabbed another tomato and put his hand on Keith's he slowly showed Keith how to do it.
Keith realized how close they were. He felt his cheeks get warm.
Lance also blushed. And pulled away.
"And that's, um, how you do it!" lance stuttered.
"Th-Thanks," Keith said.



Lance placed the salad bowl on the table along with the plates and silverware.
"Dig in!"  Lance smiled.
Keith picked up a piece of lettuce with his hand.
"No, you use a fork." Lance said.
"How do I use it?" Keith asked.
"Remember what you were doing with the knife at first? You do that, but a little softer to pick up the food. Then, you bite off the food."

Keith tried the salad(right this time) and his eyes lit up. He ate more.
"You like it?" Lance smirked.
Keith blushed and nodded.
"So, what exactly is your work?"
"Oh! I'm a farmer. I grow food and livestock."
"That sounds nice."
"Yeah, but it gets lonely..." Lance quickly lost his frown. "But now I have you!"



After lunch and doing the dishes, Lance went back to the fields.
"Wait!" Keith called. "What do I do?"
"Just relax! You've done a lot for your first day." Lance said.
"What's relaxing?" Keith asked.
"Its taking time for yourself. What do you like to do for fun?"
"I remember when I was a pup I like to throw knives. Kinda still do.."
"OK! We're not doing that!" lance thought for a second. 'Do you know how to read earth's English?"
"A little. I know the basics."
"Good!"
Lance walked over to the table and handed Keith book.

Hatchet

"Its about surviving in the wilderness with only an ax! You should read it! Its a classic!" Lance smiled and ran off.

_______________________________


Keith closed the book. It was a very good book. he liked this book-thing. he wondered if there were any more in the house.
Keith wandered around the tiny cabin. He found himself in Lance's room again. He looked around and opened the closet. Under all the clothes was a big heavy box. Keith pulled it out, and found it full of tiny books. They weren't as thick as the Hatchet book, but they had lots of pictures.

____________________________

Lance walked into the house at sundown, more veggies in his basket for dinner.
"Keith! I'm back! How did you like the-" Lance stopped. Keith was nowhere to be seen.
"Keith? Where are you buddy?" Lance called out.

Lance looked around for a while until he walked into his room. "There you are! What are you doing?"
Keith was on the floor surrounded by Lance's old children's books. Keith was currently reading The giving tree.
Keith was tearing up as he closed the book.
"Good book?" Lance chuckled.
Keith nodded. "I like these books," Keith said. "They have lots of pretty pictures and nice stories..."
"Yeah, I always found children's books lots more fun."

Lance sat on the ground. Keith was about to pick up another book: A book Lance hadn't seen in years.
"No!" lance said.
"What?" Keith asked.
"Nothing. Its just my old sketchbook." Lance said, taking the book away.
"Why can't I read it?"
"I just...the drawings weren't my favorite I've done."
Lance smiled. "C'mon! I'm gonna go make dinner!"

_______________________________


While the water for the soup was boiling, Lance turned on the radio.
"What's that sound?" Keith asked, eyes filled with wonder.
"Its music," Lance said. As Lance cut the cut the peppers, he started to move his hips with the music. He started to hum, then sing.



Keith watched in awe of Lance's voice. He didn't know voices could even do that...

As Lance started to cut the onions, still singing, his eyes teared up.
"What's wrong?" Keith asked.
"Nothing, why?"
"Your crying,"
"Oh! That. When human earthing cut this veggie, the fumes cause us to tear up. I'm not sad, I'm quite happy!"

After Keith and Lance finished making the soup, they sat down to eat it.
"Ok Keith, now this is how you eat soup," lance picked up a spoon, and Keith followed his lead. "You use the spoon to scoop up the soup(WOW TONG TWISTER) and the you put it in your mouth and swallow the soup."

Keith nodded and ate the soup. His eyes lit up. "MMMM!!!" he smiled in glee. "What is this? Its....aaaaah..."
"Its a soup," Lance said. "This kind is my taco soup. I use most veggies used in tacos and put it in a spicy broth(Ok, I don't like soup cuz of he broth, but if someone made this, I think I would eat it.). Do you like it?"
"I love it!" Keith said.

Although Keith had no idea what a taco was, he ate half of the soup that night.

_________________________

Keith and Lance sat on the couch, still listening to the radio.
"And now for all those night owls out there, the square dance hour!" the radio host started up a song.
"Omg! Cotten eyed Joe! I love this song!" Lance smiled and stood up.
"What?" Keith asked, confused.
 "C'mon! I'll teach you how to dance." Lance grabbed Keith's hand.

Lance linked arms with Keith. "Ok, so it goes like this: Cross, kick, shuffle back, three times. Shuffle forwards three paces, then repeat!"
Keith and Lance square-danced while Kosmo ran around the room, trying to join in, in his own way.

The two square dance the night away, and fell asleep on the couch in each others arms.

____________________________________


TIME SKIP: THREE MONTHS:

Lance and Keith had grown very close over the course of three months. They had sort of developed secret crushes on each other...

"Hey lance, can I ask you something?" Keith asked while eating dinner.
"Sure."
"Why am i not allowed to help you in the fields?"
Lance swallowed his food.
"Well, Its not that I don't like you. I do! But the world tends to not like things that are different than them. I'm afraid if people see you, they'll take you away from me."
"Oh..." Keith looked down at his food. "I understand now. Thanks!" he went back to eating his food.

"Keith?"lance asked this time.
"Yes?" Keith looked up.
"Do you...know what love is?"
I read about it before coming to Earth. Its an emotion, is it not?"
"No, it is. there are just many different types. Do you know those types?"
"I believe so. One is for blood relatives, one is for close friends, one is for people and the world in general, and another is for romance."
"I think-I think think I feel that romance one for you." Lance blushed.
"...I don't know what to say." Keith said. "I think I've been feeling the same way, but I don't know for sure. I've never felt this love before."
lance leaned over and gave Keith a kiss on the cheek. "How do you feel?"
"I feel...love."


After that, things just fell into place. Nothing really changed, except they now slept in the same room and gave each other kisses.

____________________________________

Lance and Keith were cuddling on the couch when suddenly, there was a knock at the door.
"Who's that?" Keith asked.
"I don't know," Lance said. "You and Kosmo, go hide in the bedroom closet! I'll get the door."
Keith nodded.
"C'mon Kosmo!" Keith said.

lance took a deep breath and opened the door.
"SURPRISE!" Hunk and Pidge shouted.
"Hunk! Pidge!" Lance gasped. "What are you doing here?"
"What do you think? To see you!" Pidge said.
"We haven't seen you in months! We were getting little worried." Hunk said.
"Oh, well I'm doing fine! Sorry I haven't called lately. I've been...busy."

"Well, can we come in?" Pidge asked.
"Oh, Uh, sure!" Lance said.
The two stepped inside.

______

Keith and Kosmo were hiding in the closet as quietly as possible. But Kosmo was getting antsy.
"Don't you dare!" Keith hissed.
Kosmo teleported out of the closet.

______

The three were sitting on the couch, catching up with each other.
Lance loved the two, but wished he could be hanging out without having his boyfriend in the closet.

Suddenly, there was a padding noise on the floor.
"OMG!" Pidge squealed.
Kosmo jumped on top of her.
"Lance! You got a dog?!" Hunk gasped in delight.
"Oh! Yeah," Lance said.
Wasn't the only thing I got, lance thought.
"What's its name?" Pidge asked.
"Its Kosmo." Lance said.
"He's so cute!"

"Kosmo! Where are you?!"

Keith walked into the room. Keith froze when he realized he was standing in fron of two other humans.
"Um, hi?" Keith said.
The two were speechless.
"Lance...why do you have a furry in your house?" Hunk asked in terror.

A what? Keith thought.

Lance sighed.
"Guys, this is my secret boyfriend, Keith." Lance said holding Keith's hand. "He's an alien."
"Yeah right," Pidge scoffed.
"Its true!" Lance said. "Show them Keith!"
"How?" Keith asked.
"You know! The thing!"
"OH!" Keith said..
Keith concentrated, and fangs appeared in his mouth.
"HOLY-"
"You can't tell anyone!" Lance covered Hunk and Pidge's mouths.
They nodded.

________________________________


Now that at least Pidge and Hunk knew about Keith, things got even better! Lance now has three people in his life!

Keith and Lance sat on the floor cuddling with Kosmo.
"Lance?" Keith look up at Lance.
"Yeah?" Lance asked.
"I love you, a lot."
"I love you too Keith. I'm kinda glad you tried to abduct my cows!"

THE END


Wow, this took a while! Hope you all enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment