Friday, August 31, 2018

Langst oneshot--Good vibes

Lance arrives on a planet in which the inhabitants can feel others emotions


Team Voltron landed on the new planet, excited to see somewhere new.
"Now Paladins, be on your best behavior," Alurra said, looking at Lance.
"What?" Lance asked, "I'll be good!"
Everyone rolled their eyes.
Lance looked down.
Recently Lance had been feeling depressed. He was never appreciated a0nd no one ever wanted to spar or train with him. They all said they needed a challenge. That hurt a lot. He was trying to stay his positive self, but it was getting harder and harder.

"Greetings Team Voltron!" the leader of the planet came up to them. She was practically made of flowers. "I am queen Olphila, and I welcome you to our peaceful planet!"
"It's an honor to be here," Alurra bowed.
"Now, before you continue into the kingdom, we must cleanse you of all your bad vibes," Queen Olphilia.
Two young aliens, one blue, one yellow, came up to them.
The yellow one came up and gave shiro and keith a hug. They instantly looked relieved.
The Blue one hugged Pidge and Hunk.

Then the yellow one came up to Lance. "My god..." she breathed. She had a shocked expression.
"Is something wrong?" Lance asked.
"Nyla! Get over here!" the yellow one called the blue one.
The blue came up, with the same expression.
"I'm sorry," Lance said. "If I'm bothering you, I'll just go-"
the two grabbed his arms.
"Wait!" the yellow one cried. "Queen Ophilia, let us take him to the healing center! Please!"
she begged.
"We can help you!" the blue one said.
Lance shook his head in confusion.
"I can see it," the Queen said, shocked eyes. "Take him to the healing center."
The two aliens started dragging Lance into the kingdom.
The others started to follow, but the Queen stopped them. "You are welcome in our kingdom, but we must ask you to stay away from Lance for a while."
"What's wrong?" Shiro asked.
"It is not in my place to tell. But all I can say is that the Blue paladin is not ain a good place right now, and needs some time."
The Queen left, leaving the paladins.

"What does she mean, in a bad place,?" Pidge asked.
"Why is he in a healing center?" Hunk asked.
"We'll have to sneak in and find out," Keith said.

_____


Lance was sat down on a couch, and next to it was a fluffy chair. It reminded him of a-
Oh no.
No no no no, this wasn't necessary!
Another alien-this one red- walked inside.
"Hello Blue paladin," the red alien said. "My name is Naila."
"I don't need therapy," Lance said. "I'm doing just fine!"
"Oh, but your not." the alien sat down next to him. "I can sense your vibes. You give off ones of pain and sorrow."
"Well, this will just make it worse. I have to get back to Voltron!" Lance said.
"Lance, just talk to me." Naila said. "It will help."
Lance sighed. "Fine."

"Good!" Naila smilked. "Why don't we start by you telling me when this all started?"
"It started around a month after I arrived in space."
"Why do you feel this way?"
"It complicated."
"Proceed,"
Lance sighed again. "I've never really excelled at anything. Literally nothing! And everyone else has a thing. I don't have a thing. So I try to become good at what would be useful for others: someone to lighten the mood. But it seems no one wants someone like that."
"I see..." Nalia thought for a while. "What makes you think they needed someone to lighten the mood?" she finally asked.
"Well, Pidge gets so tense, i make sure I'm the one she lashes out on. Keith is so moody, he also needs someone to lash out on. That's why I tease him. Shiro needs someone to remind him he's a good leader, so he needs someone dumb to mentor. I'm who I need to be for others."
Nailia nodded. Then she whipped her head up, looked at the door, and sighed.
She got up and opened the door.

"I'm disappointed in you, Team Voltron"

_____


Team olron had snuck into the healing center, and were behind a door. They were listening to Lances muffled voice:
"I see..." someone said. "What makes you think they needed someone to lighten the mood?" 
"Well, Pidge gets so tense, I make sure I'm the one she lashes out on. Keith is so moody, he also needs someone to lash out on. That's why I tease him. Shiro needs someone to remind him he's a good leader, so he needs someone dumb to mentor. I'm who I need to be for others.

The others gasped.
"So that's why Lance is so...Lance." Pidge said.
Suddenly, they all fell to the ground from the door being opened.
"I'm disappointed in you Team Voltron." A red ALien woman said.
"Quiznack." Keith grunted.

The alien led them into the room. It was walk of shame for team Voltron.
Lance just sat there a look of betrayal on his face.
"You were ordered to stay away," Nalia said. "I will be telling the queen of your dishonesty, and convince her to reconsider this alliance."
"No!" lance stood up. "Please Nalia. I know what they've done is bad-"
"-Unforgivable really." Nailia said. "Listening in on someone private thoughts. When they are to be a place they consider safe?! I thought team Voltron was a symbol of hope. Not of betrayal."
"Naila, please. My feelings being hurt are not worth this."

The team was shocked. After all they had done, Lance was sticking up for them.

"Fine." Nailia said. "But now that you know, I suggest you work this out."Nalia left the room.

The others just stood there for a while, until Pidge spoke.
"Thank you," she said.
"Huh?" Lance looked up.
"Thank you, for all that you do. I never knew why you would always check on me-"
"Or why you would taunt me." Keith budded in.
"Or why you would act so dumb, even when I saw you training on high levels."
"It was all to make us feel better," Hunk finished. "But, we never stopped to think of what we could do to make you feel better."
The team hugged him.


"We'll never forget all ath you do for us,"

THE END








No comments:

Post a Comment