Monday, August 27, 2018

Langst oneshot-The curse

Prompt:Image result for lance gets cursed by haggar headcanons


It was supposed to a simple mission: get in, get out. But no, life would never be quite simple.
The team had been caught by the Druid Haggar. The tension in the room was high. Everyone was waiting to see who would strike first.

"My, My," Haggar's raspy voice spit out. "What an interesting group." She looked at each one. "The smart one, lovable one, leader, lone-wolf, and-" she stopped at Lance, and grinned evilly. "Perfect." she blasted lightning at him.
Lance shouted in pain and fell the the ground.
"Lance!" Hunk ran to him.
"We don't have time for this!" Shiro yelled. "Retreat!

____

Lance fell from the healing pod, and into Hunk's arms.
"Uhg, what happen?" Lance rubbed his head.
"You were hit with Haggar's magic." Hunk said. "It was pretty brutal."
"Oh god," Lance said. "How long was I out?"
"About two days," Hunk said. "C'mon, let's get you some food."

Lance and Hunk entered the dining room.
"Hey guys!" Lance smiled.
"Oh, Hey Lance!" Pudge didn't look up from her computer.
"Glad to see you up!" Shiro said.
Keith just waved.
Lance felt a burning on his back, but wasn't sure where it was coming from. He shrugged it off as a side effect from the healing pods.
He sat down and started to eat some goo.

___

"Alright paladins!" Alurra said. "Today for training we'll be comparing scores. Lance, you go first!"
Lance nodded, and the training level started.
Three bots fell from the floor, and he took them out in three minutes. He ended up getting a score of 35.
"Good work Lance," Alurra smiled. "Keith, your up next!"
Keith ended up taking the bots down in two minutes, and gto a score of 75.
"Wonderful!" Alurra beamed.
"Awesome!" Pidge said.
"That was great!" Hunk said.
"Keep it up!" Shiro said.
"Good job," Lance said.
Lance felt a pit in his stomach. And also a pain in his chest. Where was that coming from?

After training, Lance left for his room to freshen up. He took his shirt off and gasped.
There was a small gash across his back and chest!
"What the heck?!" Lance gasped. He grabbed some bandage, and quickly wrapped them around himself. "Where did those come from?"
"Why, me of course!"
Lance spun around, but saw no one. "Who's there?" he called out.
Suddenly, a ghostly figure appeared. It was Haggar!
Lance revealed his bayard, and sung at her. But it went right through her.
"I'm not actually here, idiot." she said.
"What do you want?"
"I've put a spell on you child," she said. "Any emotional pain you feel, will be turned into physical pain. And I know you feel a lot of pain, Blue paladin."
"Why are you telling me this?" Lance asked
"I will easily remove the curse if you decide to join me."
"Never." Lance said. "I will never join the galra!"
"The pain will only increase. And you will not be able to tell anyone of this curse."
"Then so be it," Lance said. "I'm not joining you."
Haggar glared at him, and vanished.

___

TIME SKIP: ONE MONTH

Lance had never felt weaker in his life. He couldn't tell anyone of the curse, and it was only getting worse! His skin was now littered with bruises, scars, and gashes. He now kept bandages on him 24/7, just in case.

"Lance!" Pidge shouted at him.
Lance's looked up.
"Were you listening at all?"
"I'm sorry," Lance said.
"Pay attention!" Pidge groaned.

Lance looked at his wrist, and saw it was bleeding out.
"I'll be right back," Lance stood up.
"Oh no you don't!" Keith said. "Your not skipping training again!"
Guess I'll die, Lance thought sarcastically. "I'm not skipping training-"
"The what have you been doing?"
"I can't tell you." Lance said.
"That's it! You. Me. Duel. Let's go." Keith dragged him out of the room.


Lance and Keith stood, their swords drawn, waiting to see who would make the first move.
"Is this really necessary?" Alurra asked.
"Nope," Lance said. "Can we not do this?"
"I'm sick of you skipping training. Let's see if you can actually be useful!"
Lance felt a strong pain in his back.

Keith charged at him, and Lance blocked with his shield. he tried to attack, but Keith blocked and ht him with the sword. Lance gasped in pain, the sword opening up on of his scars. Lance as getting dizzy. He hadn't bandaged up his wrist, and his was bleeding out too much.
Keith kicked him the stomach, and he fell to the ground. He head head the floor, and he passed out.

___

"God Lance," Keith said. "Get up, I didn't kick you that hard.
Lance didn't move.
"Lance?" Shiro and Alurra walked over to him.
Alurra knelt down to take his pulse, but gasped. "He's bleeding out!"
"What?!" Shiro looked at his wrist, and saw it stained red.
"Keith! Get a healing pod!" Alurra said. "Shiro, help me carry him!"

"How do you think this happened?" Hunk asked.
"He's just weak," Keith said. "Just one hit, and he bleeds out. Gees,"
"Then how do you explain this:" Corran walked in, reading a clip board. "Intense burns, cus, and gashes. Lance is covered in them."
Everyone gasped.
"Maybe their from battle?" Pidge asked.
"Some of these were made just yesterday," Corran said.
"Could he be....?"Hunk trailed off.
"Could he be what?" Shiro asked.
"Cutting?"
"No..." Pidge gasped. "He wouldn't!"
"We'll ask him when he gets out," Alurra said.

___

Lane fell into strong arms. He looked up and saw Hunk. But we wasn't greeted with smiles, but with concerned looks.
"Is...everything Ok?" Lance asked.
"No, it's not." Pidge pushed her glasses up.
"Lance," Hunk looked him in the eyes. "Are you doing self harm?"
Lance's eyes widened. Of course they would find his scars!
Lance shook his head.
"Lance don't lie to me!" Hunk yelled.
"I'm not!" lance shouted back.
"Then where did you get these burns? These Gashes? These scars?!" HUnk screamed.
"I can't tell you!" Lance said.
"Why not?" Keith asked.
"I can't tell you that either," Lance sighed. "I wish I could, but I can't." he hung his head, and left the room.

____

The next morning, Lance had a brilliant idea! He ran into the lounge, where everyone was, smiling brightly.
"Guys!" he gasped.
"Lance, what is it?" Shiro asked.
"I thought of a way to tell you how I got the scars!" he ripped off his shirt.
"Lance! What are you doing?!" Pidge covered her eyes.
"Just trust me," Lance said. "I know this is gonna be hard-on me and you-but I need you to say one bad thing you think of me. And it has to be the truth."
"Lance, why would you ever want to hear something like that?" Alurra asked.

"Just trust me, and do it."
"Um, alright." Keith said. "I honestly hate the way you think everything is about you."
Lance held his breath, and a gash ripped across his chest.
"Oh my god!" Pidge ran to him. "What just happened?!"
Lance pulled out the bandages. "Keep going, I can take it."
"You could stand to train more profenally," Shiro said.
A burn appeared on Lance's arm. He started to wrap bandages around his wounds.

"Lance's what's happening to you?" Pidge ran to him.
"I can't tell you," Lance sighed. "Can you try and guess?"
"When did this start happening?" Hunk asked.
"When we got back from fighting Haggar," Lance said.

"That's when  you were hit with her magic-" Corran gasped. "Oh Lance!" Corran ran and hugged Lance gently.
"What's going on?" Pidge asked.
"Don't you see?" Corran said. "He's been cursed by Haggar!"
Everyone gasped.
"Lance, is this true?" Hunk asked.
Lance nodded.
"Why didn't you tell us?" Keith asked.
"I can't tell you."
"It must be one of those spells." Corran said. "One where you can't tell anyone your under it."
"Is that right?" Alurra asked.
Lance nodded.

"Well, can you break it?" Shiro asked Alurra.
"Haggar's magic is very strong, but I can try." Alurra stood up, and put a hand on lance's chest. Lance's chest started to glow white, and his scars and gashes and burns started to vanish.
"There, \" she said. "let's see if it worked. Pidge?"
"um Ok," she said. "I hate it when you joke around during missions."
Lance winced.
"Did you feel anything?" keith asked.
"Other than emotional pain, no!" he said, smiling. "I thought I'd never be so happy to feel emotional pain!" he laughed.

"Lance, can you explain what the curse was now that your free from it?" Shiro asked.
Lance sighed. "Any time I felt emotional pain, Physical pain would follow. any time there was some sort of unnecessary comment about me, or when I was one upped, burns and gashes would appear."
"I had no idea that that would make you feel so bad," Pidge looked at the ground.
"It's OK!" Lance said. "I should've told you how I was feeling."
Hunk got up and hugged him. "I'm so sorry!" he bawled.
"Hunk, really! It's Ok!"


"I'm better now."



THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment