Monday, August 27, 2018

Voltron Klance oneshot--A long nap

Keith fall into a deep sleep after being poisoned by a plant, and Lance struggles with trying to awaken him. There will be italics when Keith is dreaming.


The mission was to do as followed: Land on the planet, collect plant samples, and leave.
As simple as that! But nothing in space is ever that simple.
Keith walked around the planet, searching for a bright purple plant Pidge had asked him to find. There were many plants with that color, so he had been carrying a lot.
Suddenly, he looked over and saw something resembling a rose. It was a bright fuschia with hot pink thorns and a dark green steam.
Keith never really marveled at nature, but he seemed drawn to this certain plant. He dropped all the others and looked closely at the rose. It was so bright, it was almost glowing.
He stroked it gently, but got pricked by one of it's thorns.
"Ouch!" he hissed in pain.
The world seemed to get darker, and Keith started to get dizzy...

___

"Where the heck is Keith?" Pidge asked.
"Probably got in a fight!" Lance smirked. "I'll go find him."

Lance walked through the forest. "Keith?" he called out. "Where are you-OH GOD!"
Lance looked at a clearing. Keith was passed out on the grass!
"Keith!" lance ran to him. "Keith wake up!" he shook the mullet head.
He didn't move.
Lance noticed the rose in his limp hand. He carefully put it inside a plastic bag Pudge had given them. Then, he lifted Keith bridal style and ran back to the group.

"Guys!" Lance cried, as he ran out of the forest.
"Lance! What happened to Keith?" Shiro asked.
"I just found him passed out holding some kinda flower. He won't wake up!" Lance panicked
Shiro took Keith from Lance. "We need to get him to a pod, now!"

___

Keith laid on a medical bed in the infirmary.
"What's going on? Why isn't he in a pod?!" Lance asked.
"He's not hurt," Corran said. "He's just in a coma."
"WHAT?!" the team shouted.
"The healing pod can only heal physical wounds," Corran said.
"When will he wake up?" Hunk was getting nervous.
"Soon I hope," Alurra said. "We can't form Voltron without him!"

Pidge entered the room. "Guys! I analyzed the flower Keith was holding!"
"What is it?" Lance asked.
"It's thorns are poisonous, and can cause people to fall into deadly comas. if we don't wake him up in at least two months, he could die!"
Lance started to shake keith. "Keith! Please wake up!" tears were in in his eyes.
"Lance! That won't help!" Shiro pulled him away. "C'mon, let's get him to bed."

___

Keith walked through the desert. Well, at least that's what he guessed it was. It was all tinted red instead of a dusty yellow. He saw his old shack in the distance. he started to run tom it, but the ground began to shake. 
It shook and shook, and Keith fell to the ground. 
But, suddenly, i stopped.
"Huh," Keith stood up. "Must've been a small earthquake." he continued to his shack.

Keith pushed the door open. Everything was how he left it: His conspiracies up on the wall, his bed unmade, and a melted smoothy on the coffee table.
Keith sighed in relief and fell onto the bed. He had been in space for so long....

____

Shiro laid Keith down on his bed. He looked so peaceful......
"Is he going to be Ok?" Hunk asked.
"If he stays asleep passed two months, we won't be,"Pidge said. "His body will sh down, and he'll die."
"How do we wake him?" Shiro asked.
"Maybe talking will work? Reminding him he's just asleep?"Alurra asked.
"That could work," Pidge pushed up her glasses. "We'll take turns."

____

Keith sat up suddenly. Where were the others?! If he was back on Earth, why weren't the others there?! 
He looked out the window. He saw no indication he had made it to Earth in the Red lion.
"Is this even real?" he took out his knife, and swiped it against his skin. 
Nothing happened.
"This isn't real," Keith said. "Ok, what can I remember?" he started to go over his memories.
"I was picking purple plants for Pidge. then, I found that purple rose, and picked it up. I started to get dizzy, and now I'm here!"
"I have to wake up...but how?"

____


First was Pidge:
"Hey Keith," she said. "Whatever your dreaming about, you have to know it's not real. None of it. This war in space? That's real. Lance and your's rivalry? That's real-well, I think. Your space family? That's real."
Keith stayed asleep.

Next was Hunk:
"Hey buddy," he held a bowl of food goo under Keith's nose. "Do you remember this smell? Remember the time we all had a food fight with it? That was fun...Can you please wake up? Then we could have more time like that?"
Keith stayed asleep.

After that was Shiro:
"Keith, you're my brother." he said. "Please, I know how you deal with abandonment. You wouldn't want to make me feel the same thing. Please, wake up!"
Keith stayed asleep.


Last was Lance....

Lance entered the room. He saw Keith sleeping peacefully.
"Hey," Lance sat next to him on the bed. "I know I probably won't be the one to wake you up. I mean, you and I were anything but close....
"But gosh, how I wish we were."
"The way you were the best flyer in the garrision, I would've loved to be your friend! But I got jealous, and it clouded my emotion. My love for you...turned in to hatred. How stupid is that? Look," Lance held Keith's hand. "I really like you. And you don't even have to like me back. Just wake up...please."
Lance leaned down, and kissed Keith on the forehead.
"I'm sorry I couldn't save you..." Lance stood up to leave.

"Lance?"

Lance spun around, and saw Keith sitting up.
"KEITH!" Lance cheered and wrapped his arms around Keith.
"What happened?" Keith asked.
"You fell into a coma after touching some kind of plant," Lance said. "Oh I'm so happy you're awake!"
Keith hugged him. "Lance, being in that dream helped me realize something..."
"What?"
"I really like you. Love you even. being in a world without you? It was unbearable!" keith leaned in and kissed Lance.
It was hard and quick.
Keith gasped for air. "I'm sorry," he aid.
"Don't be," ance smiled. "I loved every bit of that....and you."

THE END



No comments:

Post a Comment