Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Langst one shot-River of White tears- Part 1

I was actually writing this to be a real book. For goodness sake, I even have a cover! But I started writing a full pledged comic book, so I had to stop. But I needed something to write in my spare time in English class, so now I have a one shot in progress!
WARNING: A SHORT SCENE OF CUTTING

 Enjoy part 1!













The team sat in the dining room, eating their goo. Well, everyone minus one: Lance
He was late once again.
“He should get here soon,” Alurra said. “Or else he’ll miss breakfast.”
“And as you earthlings say, It’s the most important meal of the day!” Corran smiled.
“It is,” Shiro said. “Where is he?”

Just then, the doors opened. The team braced themself for a loud entrance full of smirks and jokes.
But they were greeted to silence.
They looked up at Lance, who is silent.
He was sweating, hard. Lance walked over to the fruit bowl, and picked up a  purple looking fruit, then walked to the door.
“Lance, aren’t you gonna have a full breakfast?” Hunk asked.
Lance shook his head, and walked out again.
Keith was slightly smiling. “At least he’s being quiet for once.
The rest chuckled, and continued to talk.

But Lance was right outside. And he heard every bit of what Keith said. It hurt.
How could they just say that about him? He had been everything he could to becoming more like Keith: Polite-ish, silent, and skilled. But they still thought of him as the goofball!
What did he have to do to earn some respect?!



Lance waked into the training room, munching on the purple fruit. He finished eating and took a fighting stance.
“Start training level 21!” he said to the room’s computer.
“Starting level 21,” the computer responded.

Five bots dropped down from the ceiling and charged at him. Lance’s bayard turned into a gun. He shot at two, and they fell to the ground. One of the bots snuck up from behind him and knocked him to the floor.
His bayard flew from his hand and he had to result to hand-to-hand combat. He had been practicing that recently. He punched the robot, blood coming from his bare hands. The robot kicked him in the gut. Lance flew across the room, breathing hard. He launched himself at the robot, and ripped out it’s wires. The bot fell to the ground, defeated.
Lance ran over to his bayard, and it formed a sword before the last bot could get to him. The bot launched its own sword at Lance. Lance blocked it, and sliced it in half. He froze for a moment, before hearing it fall it the ground in two pieces.
Lance fell to the ground, breathing hard. He couldn’t seem to catch his breath.
C’mon Lance, he thought. You shouldn’t be this tired.
Lance stood up and walked to the infirmary to get bandages for his hands.

Lance walked into the infirmary to see Corran cleaning the pods.
“Hello Lance!” Corran smiled. How are you-Quiznack! What happened to your hand?!” he gasped.
Lance shrugged, and continued to bandage his hands.
“My boy, you’ve gotten...quieter.” Corran said. He put a hand on lance’s shoulder. “Is everything OK?”
Lance nodded.

But everything was not OK.

****

Lance walked into his room. He went into the bathroom and lifted off his shirt. His torso was littered with scars. Most were from battle, but there were a few made by himself. Ever since a few days ago, he had been cutting. A cut for every mean thing they would say to him.
Useless
Goofball
Idiot
And more!
He hopped that physical harm would even out the mental harm he had been receiving.
Lance picked up his small pocket knife.
“At least he he’s being quiet for once”
He had been being quiet for a week! Was it not enough?!
He gave himself five cuts for that one, that one hurt the most.

“I’ve been training non-stop, being quiet, and not eating to try and stay thin.” he said through his tears.”Why isn't it enough?”

He put his pocket knife away and wrapped some bandages around himself. Then he pulled his shirt back on headed to the hangers.

***

Lance sat in Blue, as she sent calming vibes to him.
“Thanks Blue,” Lance said.
I wish I could do more,” Blue said. “I want you to be happy, but you seem to be getting worse and worse!
“I’m sorry Blue,” Lance said. “You really are making me feel a little better! It’s just…” Lance trailed off.
“LANCE!”
Lance looked out of Blue and saw Keith impatiently tapping his foot.
“I gotta go Blue,” he said and he exited the lion.

“C’mon Lance!” Keith yelled.
“What is it?” Lance asked.
“We have something important to tell you.” Keith said.
Keith led Lance to the control room, where a gang of glaring faces greeted him.

***

“Lance, we have some news…” Hunk looked nervous.
“Just know that we tried our best to prevent this!” Pidge said.
“What’s going on?” Lance asked.
“We’re….replacing you with Matt.” Shiro said.
Lance’s blood froze. “Wh-What?” he stuttered.
“We’re replacing you with Matt,” Keith repeated. “He’s better than you in every way.”
Lance looked at the ground, tears in his eyes. But he calmed down quickly.
“I understand,” he said. “If me stepping down means the universe has a better chance, then I get it.” he was about to leave when a thought came to his mind. “Can I have one last ride in Blue please?” He asked.
Alurra shrugged. “I don’t see why not.”
“Thank you,” Lance bowed his head, and left the room.

After he left, the room went into chaos.
“Why?!” Pidge shouted. “He doesn’t deserve to be kicked off!”
“We all agreed it was for the best.” Shiro said.
“But Keith didn’t have to be so mean!” Hunk pointed at Keith.
“Everyone, calm down.” Alurra said. “Corran, you agree, don’t you--C-Corran?”

Corran was in tears. “Do you have any idea…”he would hiccup through his tears. “How many times Lance has come to me-Hiccup!- telling me he feels worthless? How much he trains-Hiccup!- at night to be as good as you? And you all just confirm his greatest-Hiccup!- fears and kick him out?!”
“Now Corran, we’re not kicking him off the ship!” Alurra said. “We’re simply replacing him-Aaaaaand hat sound really bad now that I say it aloud.”
“I won’t stand for this!” Corran stormed away.

***

Lance ran to Blue in tears.
My cub! What is wrong?” Blue cried.
“I’m sorry!” Lance said. “They’re replacing me! I won't be able to pilot you anymore!”
Blue roared in rage. “I won’t allow anyone else to pilot me but you!” she pulled up her forcefield.
“No Blue,” Lance said. “They’re right. You deserve better of me. Please, give Matt a chance.”
Blue growled. “No! I want you!”

“I’m only allowed to ride you one last time,” Lance said “Will you take me somewhere special?”
Blue perked up. “I know where to take you,” she said. “I have been looking for the right paladin worthy, and you are just the one! If I must accept a new paladin, I insist on giving you a new lion!”
“Huh?” lance was confused.
Just come inside!” Blue opened up, and Lance entered.
   
    Lance and Blue flew for about an hour until they landed on a planet covered in ice. The Blue Lion sat in front of a dark and spooky cave.
“Blue, why’d you bring me here?” Lance asked.
Go and find out,” Blue said.
Lance entered the cave. It was very dark, and very cold. He turned a corner, and gasped:

Inside the cave was a giant White Voltron Lion. It was two times larger than the Black Lion, and had a golden forcefield up.
“Whoa…” Lance breathed. He walked up to the forcefield. “You’re beautiful…!” he put a hand softly on the forcefield and it dropped.
I see Blue has chosen someone quite amazing to pilot me.” The White Lion purred.
“No way….” Lance said. “I can’t be worthy of a lion like you!”
If Blue believes you are right for me, I trust her.”
“Okay…” Lance said, nervous.
The White Lion opened, up, and I walked inside.
Inside there was a bedroom, bathroom, healing pod, and a large cockpit.
“Why did Alurra never tell me about this place?”

***

Matt entered the room and ran to Pidge. “Pidge!” he cheered and hugged his little sister.
“Oh, hey…”She said.
“What’s wrong? Aren’t you excited?! We’re gonna be on the same team!” he smiled.
“It’s just,” Hunk walked up to them. “We’re happy you’re here. It’s just that for you to be here, we had to kick off someone we really loved.”
“Oh,” Matt looked down. “I’m sorry.”
“Don’t worry about it!” Keith laid a hand on Matt’s shoulder. “Lance was annoying anyway.”
Pidge and Hunk glared at Keith. What was his problem?!
“Everyone!” Alurra walked into the room. “Lance has returned!”

Everyone made their way to the hangers. Blue just sat there.
“She seems...angry.” Matt said, looking up at Blue.
“Wow! You can already sense her!” Shiro smiled.
“C’mon out Lance!” Corran called.
No one came out.
“Lance?” Hunk and Pidge went inside.

They came out a second later in tears. “He’s not there!”

“This all your fault!” Hunk shouted at Keith. “He wouldn’t have run away if you guys hadn’t decided to kick him off!”
“We don’t know he ran away!” Keith glared. “He was most likely abandoned by Blue. Blue probably realized he was useless like we all have.”
SMACK!
Keith looked back at Pidge, holding his cheek in pain. “What the heck?”
“How dare you!” Pidge screamed. “Lance is our friend! He’s our family!
 And you treat him like he’s worthless dirt! Well guess what? He’s not!”
“And Blue would never abandon her paladin!” Hunk said.

Meanwhile while everyone was fighting, Blue was speaking to Matt, telling him what really happend.....

(I don't know why it makes you scroll sideways for the words. It makes no sense. Sorry about that!)

Stay tuned for part two!

No comments:

Post a Comment