Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Voltron LANGST oneshot--Team spirit(REWRITE)

Inspired by multiple fanfics and this prompt:

Image result for lance dies headcanon


Also, I'll be doing an OC insert for the first time. Here she is:









 I rewrote some of this, but the beginning is still the same. 
WARNING: MENTIONS OF CUTTING


Don't hate me please....


LANCE'S POV:

I awoke in the Blue lion. I couldn't hear her, which worried me.
What happened? I thought. Last I remembered, I was on the battlefield. Then, something snuck up on me and-
I gasped. I looked down at my hands, and saw they were transparent.
"I'm....I'm dead..." I breathed.
"Blue?" I called out.
"My child," Blue said quietly.
"Blue! What's wrong? Why am I in you? Aren't I dead?" I panicked.
"When a paladin dies, their spirit takes over the lion. My time is up. It is time for you to guide the next paladin. I wish you luck." Then, Blue's voice, her presence, disappeared forever.

_________________

"Ok," I said. "I'm dead, and the blue lion now." I tried to calm down ."This is fine! I'll just be stuck in space forever and never see my family again! No big deal!"
I was crying by now.

"H-hello?"

I looked up, and saw an alien about my age enter.
She had golden yellow skin and orange freckles. Her hair was a bright pink and she wore a alien-ish Tshirt.

"Um, hi!" she sat down in the pilot's chair. "I'm here to see if I might be able to fly you. My name is Gina!"
I smiled down at her.
I guess its my job to pick a new paladin, I thought. Better make sure its a good one!
"Hello gina!" I said. My voice sounded more faded and majestic, but still me.
Gina looked up. It looked like she could hear me.
"Hello!" she smiled.
"Gina, will you tell me a little about yourself?" I asked.
"Well, it's been my dream to be a pilot forever! I have a huge family back on Quintanti."
This is the one! I thought.
I concentrated, and powered up Blue- Er, myself.
"You, you accept me?" Gina gasped. "Thank you so much! You won't regret it!"
"Take me for a spin! I wanna see how well you fly!" I said.
Gina nodded, and took the controls.

_______________

We did flips, spins, and every trick in the book. She was the perfect pilot. Much better than I was...

_______________

Gina landed me, and was about to leave when she turned around and asked.
"By the way, what should I call you?"
"Blue," I said. "Call me Blue"

__________________

Gina's POV:


I stepped out of the Blue lion, and large smile on my face. I was going to fulfil my dream of being  a pilot!
Team Voltron looked at me in shock.
"Sorry, was I not supposed to ride him?" I asked.
They shook their heads.
"No! Its fine!" Princess Alurra said. "Better than fine!"
"Your an amazing pilot!" the yellow paladin, Hunk, said.
"Thank you!" I said. "I hope to be just as good as the past paladin was!"
I heard Blue in the back of my head. It sounded like he was...flattered?
I noticed team looking a little sad.
"Oh! I'm sorry," I said. "Did I offend you?"
"Oh, its Ok," the green paladin, Pidge, said. "We just....we didn't expect the last paladin to be gone so soon..."

After Zarkon's defeat, word had spread that the Blue paladin had died in battle. I hope to be just as brave as the famous Lance McLain one day!

________________

LANCE'S POV:

While Gina got acquainted with the others, I decided to experiment with how I worked, what with my new ability to be a giant lion. I practiced turning myself on and off, and learned I could talk to Gina and see through her eyes.

"This won't be so bad," I said. "At least I'm still a part of Voltron!"

______________


GINA'S POV:


"This will be your room," Hunk said, a sad smile on his face. He opened the door, and inside was a blank and empty room. The bed was made, and the drawers were empty.
"Thank you," I said, rolling my suitcase in.
"I hope you like it. Dinner will be in an hour. I'm making something special to celebrate our new paladin!" Hunk smiled, and left me alone.

I looked around the room. It was so cold, so lonely. Maybe it would feel better once I unpacked.
I put my favorite hologram photo of my family on the desk, and started to hang up my clothes.

But when I opened the closet, I found out it was the one thing that wasn't empty. There was a blue and white shirt, dark green jacket, a pair of jeans, and blue lion slippers.
I looked at the green jacket.
"Go on," Blue said in the back of my head.
"Blue, is that you?" I asked out loud. "You can talk to me even when I'm not with you?" I asked.
"I can also see through your eyes," Blue said. "Go on, wear it!"
I slipped the jacket on. It was nice and warm, and smelled of something I didn't recognize.
I looked in the mirror. It was big on me.
"You look awesome!" Blue said, sending waves of excitement to me.
I chuckled. "Thanks Blue!"

I finished unpacking, and headed down to diner.

___________________


I walked into the dining room smiling.
But everyone's jaws just dropped. They let whatever they were holding fall to the ground. And Hunk let himself fall to the ground.
"Hunk!" I cried and ran to his side. "Are you alright?!"
"Where...Where did you get that?" He breathed.
"This?" I looked at the jacket I was wearing. "Oh, I got it from the closet in my room."
"P-Please take it off," Pide came up to us.
"Oh, alright," I said sadly. I slipped off the jacket and sat down.
Everyone was tense, but calm again.
What was that all about? I thought. It's just a jacket.

____________________

LANCE'S POV:


 I was very confused. Everyone had been so shocked at Gina wearing my old jacket.
But, didn't they hate me? Weren't they glad I was gone?
So then why did they freak out about the jacket?

Just then, Gina came into the cockpit.
"Hello Blue!" she smiled.
She was wearing the jacket again.
"Hey there!" I said.
"Craziest thing just happened!" Gina said. "I was wearing the jacket like you said to, and the others freaked out!"
"That sucks!" I said.
"Yeah," Gina sighed.
"Maybe they just need something to cheer them up?"
"I know! I'll write them a song!" Gina said. "I'm rather good at that! At least that's what mother and father say..."
"I'll help you write it!" I said.
"I'd love your help!" Gina smiled. "Let me just go get my things!"

Gina ran off, and I smiled.
If the team does miss me, I think I'd like some proof. And I know just the lyrics to give it to me...

___________________

GINA'S POV:

I ran out my room with my electric guitar and notebook. I had gotten the guitar when I was little at a store in the space mall, and loved to play it.
I giggled happily, heading back to Blue.
But on my way, i ran into the green paladin, Pidge.
"Oh! Hey Gina!" Pidge said.
"Hello Pidge!" I said
"What's all that?" Pidge asked.
"Oh! Me and Blue are going to write a song together!" I smiled. "I have to get back to him, have a nice day Pidge!"
"That's weird," Pidge mumbled.
"What's weird?" I stopped.
"Oh! Nothing. Just, the old paladin referred to Blue as a she."
"That's weird too," i said. "He obviously has a boy's voice," I walked away.

TIME SKIP: 2 DAYS:

Blue and I have been spending a lot of time together. We've been bonding and working on the song together.
I was walking down to Blue, when the alarms sounded.
My first mission! I thought.
I ran to get my armor, and hopped into Blue.
"OMG!" Blue said. "You look great in that armor!"
"Thanks!" I said, and flew into battle.

"Alright paladins," Alurra said through the coms. "Shiro and Keith, take the main ship, Pidge and Hunk, take out the drones, and Gina, protect the castle."
"Doesn't the castle have a forcefield?" I asked.
"Yes, but it breaks easily. And your new still, we want to start small." Coran said.
I understood that. "Understood," I said

___________________

The battle was over fairly quickly, and we landed in the hangers.
"Good job Gina!" Shiro said.
"Pretty good for your first mission," Keith said.
"Thank you!" I said.

I decided tonight might be the night.

"Hey everyone?" I asked.
They turned to me.
"I have something special to show you tonight! Is that Ok?"
"Sure!" they said.

____________________

TIME SKIP: 

I walked into the lounge, guitar and notebook in hand.
"What did you want to show us Gina?" Alurra asked.
"I wrote a song for you all!" I smiled. "To thank you for accepting me on team Voltron!"

I started to strum my guitar:

"We all have a job to do
The universe to save.
It all started when finding a lion in a cave"

I noticed the team seemed to stiffen

"Across the universe we go
When we'll stop
no one knows"

"When comes to the Galra it's on,
When I say VOL you say TRON!"


Pidge ripped the guitar from my arms.
"ARE YOU TRYING TO  MAKE US CRY?!" she screeched.
"I-I'm sorry," I said, tears in my eyes. "Did I do something wrong?"
"How?" Hunk asked. "How do you know so much about him?!"
"We never even talk about him!" Keith said. "We cleared out all his stuff so we would never have to be reminded of him! WHY DO YOU KEEP REMINDING US OF HIM!" he shouted.

I ran out of the the room in tears.

______________________

HERE'S WHERE THE REWRITE STARTS(SORTA)Also no more Lance POVs. Thanks to my BFF for all the amazing ideas!


I ran into Blue and started to bawl my eyes out.
"What did I do?" I cried to him. "I thought they would like the song we wrote!"
"I'm so sorry," Blue said. "It's my fault."
"How so?" I sniffled.
"The past Blue paladin didn't really feel the best about his place on the team. I just wanted to know if they really did miss him. I'm sorry."
"I forgive you," I said. "I'm not sure the others will forgive me though."

____________________

THIRD POV:

The rest of the team were finally breathing calmly again.
"Guys, we shouldn't have done that," Shiro said.
"Your right," Pidge said. "I didn't mean to lash out,"
"Yeah," Hunk said. "I was just...triggered."
"We need to go apologize," Keith said.

____________________

The team walked up to the Blue lion, its forcefield up.
"Gina?" Shiro called.
The force field went down, and Gina stepped out, wiping her tears.

"Gina, we're sorry for lashing out at you." Hunk said.
Gina looked up.
"R-Really?" she asked
"It was wrong of us," Pidge said.
"Its just that, your lyrics reminded us of the old Blue paladin," Keith said.
Gina gasped. "That was truly not my intention! Blue just wanted me to add certain lyrics. I was not aware of the meaning of them."
"Its alright..." Alurra was in deep thought. "But...why do you think Blue would do that?"
"I believe Blue was testing your loyalty to the past blue paladin. He says-"

Blur growled behind them.
Gina sighed. "He wishes me to to say anymore."
The team looked confused, but they had learned to to question the lions.

_______________

GINA'S POV:

I sat alone in my room, holding that past paladin's jacket. It was after dinner, so we were free the rest of the night.
"Lance McLain," I sighed. "What were you like?"
I went to go hang up the jacket, when I saw something at the bottom of the closet I hadn't noticed before.
 It was a cardboard box. I pulled it out and opened it.
Inside were photos, a small dairy, and bottles full of a strange goo/gell.
"Did this all belong to Lance?" I asked myself.

I could hear Blue in the back of my mind.
"You mustn't tell the others of this. I don't want anyone else seeing my-Er, Lance's things!" he said.
"Oh, alright. Are you sure?"
"I only trust you with his things."
"Thank you."
"OOOH! A FACE MASK!" he said
"Face mask?" I asked. "What's that?"
"It's supposed to hydrate your skin. Try it!"
"Alright, if you say so," I said, walking into the bathroom.

Blue instructed me how to put it on. It was sticky, but very cold and relaxing. I decided to look at the other things in the box.

I could see photos of a boy with chocolate hair and tan skin, and a beautiful smile. But I noticed as the more recent the photos got, the smile never seemed to reach his eyes.
"Weird," I said.

I picked up the diary.
"I'm about to read into the life of Lance McClain," i gasped. I squealed in delight.

Little did I know I was in for the ride of my life...

Dear Diary,

Today Shiro yelled at me again. I already know I'm useless, he doesn't have to tell me everyday! But some things were good! Pideg only said to eff off twice today! Improvement!

-Lance

I gasped. Is this really how Lance felt?

Dear Diary,

I've decided the reason everybody hates me is because I'm  ot Keith. I need to train more and stay silent. Maybe if I do that I'll be left alone. By that, I mean not targeted by the others. 


Dear Diary,

Today was the third day I haven't eaten. I'm so fat, so I decided I needed to stop eating. Besides, everyone hates it when I dine with them.

I heard a knock on my door.
I slammed the book closed and shoved the box back in the closet.
I opened it, and Hunk was there.
"Hey Gin-" he stopped and gasped. "What...What's on your face?" he asked.
"Oh!" I stuttered. "Its a, uh, face mask, I found it in the bathroom..." I lied.

Hunk looked incredibly uncomfortable.
"Hey, uh, have you been crying?" he asked.
"Oh! Yeah. I was just reading a really sad book." I said.
That part was true.

"Well, I came to say goodnight," he said.
"Goodnight Hunk!" I said, and closed the door.

I sighed in relief. I washed off the face mask and went to bed.
But all night, images of Lance haunted me...

___________________

TIME SKIP: NEXT DAY


I walked into breakfast, exhausted from last night. I had dreamt all night about Lance.

"Gina, are you Ok?" Shrio asked.
"Huh?" I looked up. "Yeah, I just had a crazy dream  is all,"
"What was it?" Pidge asked.
"I'd, uh, rather not say." I said.
They shrugged and left the subject.
"Oh! I have good news!" Corran said.(Finally! I have a place to put you Corran!). "My tomorrow, we will finally be able to do the mindmeld with Gina!"
"That's great!" Alurra said.
"What's the mindmeld?" I asked.
"We just get to see memories of yours," Shiro said.
"Cool!" I smiled. "You'll get to see my family and everything!"
"Your not scared?" Pidge asked.
"Why would I be?" I asked. "I don't have a lot to hide."

____________________

I sat in Blue that afternoon after training, the diary in hand. I was a little scared to open it again...

Dear Diary,
I cut again today. I tried not to, Blue even tried to help. But even though she's so nice, I did it anyway. It's my only relief from this cruel universe!

He really did call Blue and she!

Dear Diary,
I've messed up. I've messed up big time. I was supposed to have Pide's back during ten mission, but I let her get shot in the shoulder by accident! Now, everyone hates me more than they used to!

Dear Diary,
I can't feel anymore. Everything is just so numb. My skin is numb from cutting. My head is numb from not enough sleep. My body is numb from exhaustion. I'm not even living anymore. I'm just, surviving.

I had tears in my eyes.
"He...Oh my...just.."
I burst into tears. 

But there was one entry left....

Dear Diary,

Today's the big day! The big assault against Zarkon! Maybe after this I'll be able to go back to Earth, see my family, go to the beach, get my education! Wish me luck!

There were many other pages, but none of them were ever filled. And they never would be.

"Oh Blue!" I cried. "I never knew he was so sad!"
"I know..." Blue said.
I could tell he was sad too.

_________________

I returned the diary, face mask, and photos to the box, and stuffed it back into the closet.
I looked at Lance's jacket, and felt something in the pocket. I dug inside, and felt something sharp. It was a small pocket knife, with dried blood in it. I didn't want that horrible part of Lance's life anywhere near his other things, so I hid it in a drawer.

__________________

TIME SKIP: A WEEK

HUNK'S POV:


I was cleaning the rooms when I arrived at Gina's. I thought I'd start by orginizing her drawers.
I opened the top one, an gasped.
Inside, was a blood covered pocket knife.
"No..." I gasped, tears  in my eyes. "She's so happy, she can't be..."

________________

I burst into the lounge, where everyone is. I ran up to Gina and hugged her in tears.
"Hunk!" she gasped. "What's wrong?"
"Wh-Why?" I gasped. "Why do you cut?"
Everyone turned to her, shocked.
"I don't cut," she said.
"Then explain this!" I held up the knife, covered in dry blood.
She flushed red and took a deep breath....

GINA'S POV:

Oh goodness the found the knife!
Blue, what do I do? I thought.
"Tell them. I don't want you to get in trouble," Blue said.

I took a deep breath.
"It doesn't belong to me," I said.
"Really?" Pidge rolled her eyes. "Because it sure-"

"It belonged to Lance," I said.

Everyone was silent.

"How...how do you know Lance cut?" Alurra asked.
"Blue doesn't wish for me to not say," I said.
"Well your gonna say!" Shiro said. "This is important!"
I shrunk under his gaze. It was a pool of confusion and anger.
"I'm sorry, but I'm loyal to my lion-"

"I said I didn't want you to get in trouble! JUST TELL THEM!" Blue cried in distress and worry.
"Ok Ok," I mumbled.
I turned to the others. "Follow me," I said.

__________________

I led the others into my room, where I pulled out the box.
"What is that?" Pidge asked.
"I don't believe you remembered to clean out Lance's closet. So, I found this box. It has his face masks, photos, and"-I pulled out the small book-"his diary!"
Hunk snatched it from me and started to flip through the pages, the others reading from behind him.
"Be careful!" I said. "Its not the most pleasant."

After a few entries, the team as in tears. Hunk handed me back the diary, and I put it back in the box.
"Why didn't you tell us about this?" Shiro asked.
"Blue asked me not to," I said.
"Well we need to have a talk with Blue!" Alurra said. "I'm sick of Blue making you hide things from us!" she stormed out of the room, the others behind her.
Gina ran after them.

_________________


"Blue!" Alurra stormed into the hanger.
Blue had his forcefield up.
"Guys please, calm down!" I said. "Your scaring him!"
"I don't care!" Alurra said. "BLUE! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!"

Blue whimpered to me.
"Please...make them stop...!" he cried in agony.
"STOP!" I screamed and ran up to Blue. I hugged her but paw. "What is wrong with you?! You don't just address such a majestic being that way! You hurt his feelings!"
Alurra sighed. "Your right. I apologize," she bowed to Blue.
"Yeah right," Blue mumbled.
"Blue!" I said. "Of course she means it!"

Blue sent out waves of concentration and confliction.
"Blue?" I asked. "What is it? You seem stressed."
"Ok, I can't keep this in anymore." he said
"Keep what in?"

The others looked at me, full attention on me.


"I'm Lance McClain," Blue said.

I almost fainted.
"H-HOW?!" I gasped.
"What is it?" Hunk asked.
"B-Blue...he's Lance!"
"What?!" Pidge gasped.

I listened closely to what Blue said next and nodded.

"He says that when a paladin dies, their spirit becomes the lion..." I said. "No wonder you kept me from saying certain things!"

Hunk ran up and hugged the lion's paw.
"LANCE!" he screamed in tears. "Lance...oh my god..."

The others fell to their knees in tears. Apologize and messages of loss were thrown everywhere.

I could tell Blue was getting overwhelmed.
"Everyone back up!" I pulled Hunk off Blue.
"He's getting overwhelmed. Let's leave him alone for a while," I said.

_______________

TIME SKIP:

I walked up to Blue and sat down in front of him.
"How are you doing with everything?"
"I'm nervous..." he said.
"Why?"
"They hated me as a paladin, magine how they'll hate me as a lion!"
"That's not true and you know it! They were crying and apologizing like mad just an hour ago! Please Lance, the didn't realize what they had made you felt during you life. They really did love you, and still do!"
Blue sent waves of happiness to me.


The paladins arrived next to me.
"Lance says," I turned to Blue.


"I forgive you,"


THE END



WHOOOO! THAT WAS A LONG REWRITE! WOW! I'm very proud of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment