Friday, November 2, 2018

Voltron LANGST oneshot--Soul Draining

Inspired by this post I saw on tumblr. Basically, Lance's soul is drained little by little until his soul will disappear forever. 
I also get this vibe:

Image result for sad lance voltron


Italics will be flashbacks most of the time.

KEITH'S POV:

Lance had been acting weird recently. It started when he stopped flirting:

Alurra walked into the lounge, her hair done up all nicely. We all turned to Lance to see what pick-up-line he'd use this time, but he said nothing.
"Lance?" Shiro asked.
"Yeah?" Lance looked up.
"Did you not see Alurra?" Shiro asked.
"Oh! Sorry," he turned to Alurra. "You look very nice Alurra," he said, then looked back down at the floor.

That went on for a while. We all just assumed he was tried. But then, he stopped cracking jokes:

Shiro sneezed so loud a flower vase had fallen over. While we were all laughing hysterically, Lance just sat there.
"Bless you," he said.
We all waited a while for his joke, but it never came.

That's when Pidge and I expected something was wrong. We tried to ask him about it, but he said he was feeling fine.

But the worst, was when we stopped bickering:

"Hey Lance!" I ran up to him. "I bet you can't beat me in training today!" I challenged.
"Your probably right," he said, and kept walking.
I was shocked. lance never backed down from a challenge! NEVER!
"A-Are you sure?" I said.
"Your better than me in every way," he said. "Why would I even try?"


I had to do something about this...

___________________

"Alurra," I said, walking into the control room.
"Yes Keith, what is it?" Alurra asked.
"Have you noticed Lance is acting a bit...off?"
Alurra turned to me. "Yes, I have. Do you think something happened?"
"I don't know. But whatever it is, he won't tell us. I've asked many times if he was Ok, and he's said he's fine when he obviously isn't!"
"Hmmm....Maybe we can use the mind melding helmets? They could reveal what happened?"
"Good idea!"

___________________

Lance walked into the lounge, where we all were waiting for him.
"Lance, are you OK?" Alurra asked straight out.
Lance nodded, not saying anything.
"Then you wouldn't mind putting the mind melder on, just in case you aren't?" Pidge asked.
Lance sat down and put on the helmet with no hesitation.

We watched as he fell unconscious and his memories played out in front of us.

We could see Lance. He was in his room, crying.

"I'm never good enough," he sobbed. "I just want to be happy, and I can't even do that. I just wish I wouldn't have to feel anything..."

The scene changed to Lance on a planet's market.

Lance walked around the market, until he found a large tent full of different creatures. He picked up a small jar with a bug inside. But then, an alien took it from him.
"Be careful!" the alien said. "That's a soul drainer!"
"A what?" Lance asked.
"A soul drainer. When bitten by it, a person's soul will drain from them until they are just a lifeless shell, and then eventually, lifeless."
Lance's eyes lit up.
"I'll take it."

The scene changed, and Lance was in his room again. This time holding the bug in the jar.

Lance took a deep breath, and let the bug bite him. He then sealed the bug in the jar again and threw it out of the airlock.

We all gasped.
"No....why would he do that?" Hunk gasped.

We removed the helmet from Lance, but he didn't wake up.

"Lance?" I shook him. "LANCE! WAKE UP!"
Alurra felt for his pulse. "We need to get him to a healing pod. NOW!"

_______________

TIME SKIP:


We stood in front of Lance's healing pod.
"I can't believe he did that to himself," Pidge said.
"I can't believe he was depressed," Shiro said.
"Why didn't he tell us?" Hunk asked.

Just then, the pod opened, and Lance stumbled out. I caught him, and he looked at me.
Then, he pushed me away.

"YOU IDIOT!" he yelled. "Why did you save me?!"
"What?" we all asked.
"I was finally about to die! And you just had to take me from that!" he fell to the ground in tears.

"I was finally happy...."


THE END


Weird ending, I know. I just wanted to try a sad-ish ending for once.






No comments:

Post a Comment