Thursday, October 4, 2018

Voltron KuronXLance oneshot--Still a person

This is going WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY outside my confort zone. I personally see ShiroxLance(Liro?Shance? What's it called?)as not my favorite ship, and see it as a little weird. But I fell in love with this idea. Inspired by:

THIS AMAZING COMIC


This takes place before season 6 and Keith is still in red and on the team. (What can I say? I wished Keith had been there for all the kuron moments...)
Enjoy!





LANCE'S POV:

It wasn't him. It was so obvoius now that I think about it. That wasn't our Shiro. From the moment he yelled at me, touched others with his Galra arm, I knew it wasn't him. That wasn't the man I fell in love with
But even so, I never said a thing. I don't know why. But the more I observed him, I relized something:

He didn't even know.


The fake Shiro thought he was real. He had the memories of our Shiro, some of his personalty was like the real Shiro. He didn't know he was fake.
When he said he didn't feel like himself, it scared me. Was something...controlling him? Was he realizing he wasn't the real Shiro?

The more I observed him, the more I realized how different he was. He didn't spend time with only Keith. He would spend time with all of us. Even me! And sometimes, he give little signs that he felt the same way about me as I do to him!
But it hurt. Knowing none of it was real. He was not the real Shiro, and the real Shiro would never love me.

Even so, I started to fall in love with this Shiro as well. He would still yell at me sometimes, but he was a little less distant than the real Shiro. And plus, whenever he yelled, he would apologize to me, unlike the real Shiro.

_____

One day though, he came into my room.

"Lance?" he asked.
"Yeah?" I looked up.
"Lance, I have something to tell you, but you can't tell anyone." he said, worry on his face.
I nodded. "Whatever it is, I trust you."
"Not after this," he mumbled, thinking I didn't hear.
"I think I'm a Galra clone," he whispered.
I was unphazed. "What makes you think that?" I asked.
"Well, I'm gaining these memories. Memories of me on a Galra ship, testing, and something called operation Kuron. I think I'm Kuron"
"What's Kuron?" I asked.
"It means Clone in Japanese."
I nodded. "Can I tell you something?"
He nodded.
"I've known for a while you aren't the real Shiro."
"Wh-What?" Shiro gasped.
"It was obvious from the moment you touched Keith with your Galra arm. You don't touch anyone with that thing."
He looked at his hand. "I don't?"
"No," I said. "You also never apologize for the rare times you yell, and only spend time with Keith."
"I guess I am a clone," he said sadly. "I should leave Voltron,"
"No! Wait," I grabbed his real arm. "Look, just because you aren't the real Shiro, doesn't mean yuo aren't a person. You're still real! You have feelings! You care for others! And...I don;t want the man I'm in lov with to leave."
"You mean your in love with the real Shiro," he looked down.
"No," I said. "I'm in love you, Kuron."
He looked up at me. "I was never sure how to tell you, but iIfeel the same!" he smiled, but it faltered quickly. "But I can't stay. What if you find the real Shiro?"
"I'll vouch for you!" I said. "Besides, we need the Black Lion! And....I need you,"
Shiro-No, Kuron-Blushed heavily.

______

Me and Kuron couldn't tell anyone we were dating. If Keith found out, I would be dead in a second. It was hard, because sometimes all we wanted to do was cuddle. And I was open with him. I would tell him about how I myself had been distancing myself from the team. Recently I had been feeling useless...
Kuron never made me feel that way though. Even though he would yell at me to keep up the act, he would never go into sensitive topics for me. He would mostly just yell about how I'm late. And he would always come to me later crying about how he didn't mean it.
It meant the world to me to have someone who cared so deeply about me.
Still though, we could never tell the others. About Kuron not being Shiro or our relationship.

_____

Sadly, all good things had to come to an end. He came out of nowhere one day...

The real Shiro.

Shiro burst through the doors of the control room. He hair was longer, and he looked like a wreck.
"Shiro, what happened to you?" Pidge asked. "You look awful!"
"I've been trapped with the Galra for three months!" he yelled.
"Shiro, what are you talking about?" Hunk said. "You've been with us since we beat Zarkon,"
"No, I haven't!" Shiro yelled. "WHatever Shiro you're talking about is fake!"

Just then, me and Kuron walked in. I gasped, seeing the real Shiro.
Oh no, I thought.
The others gasped too, seeing Kuron behind me.
"What's going on?!" Alurra yelled.
Shiro stormed up to Kuron, and he hid behind me.
"I don't know who you are, but you're in for it!" Shiro yelled
Kuron started to hyperventilate in panic. Then, he fell to his knees, clutching his head.
"Kuron!" I gasped.
"Who?!" the others asked.

"She-She's taking me over!" Kuron screamed. "I can't stop her!"
"It's OK, just breathe," I tired to calm him down.
Suddenly, his head looked up at me. He had pure yellow eyes.
"Oh my god-" he grabbed my neck, and lifted me off the ground.
"Kuron!" I yelled, choking. "It's...me!"
Kuron threw me against the wall, and advanced on the others.
"Lance!" Hunk ran to me.

Keith, Pidge and Alurra started to fight Kuron.
"No!" I cried. I tried to stand, but I was too weak. "Don't hurt him!"
"Lance, what are saying?!" Hunk said.

Alurra used her whip on Kuron's back and Pidge tied her lasso around his feet.
Kuron fell to the ground. He hit his head hard, and fell unconscious.  Keith stood over Kuron, about to give the finishing blow with his sword.
Out of pure adrenaline, I ran to Keith and pulled him away.
"No!" I said.
"Lance, what are you doing?!" Keith yelled at me.
"Don't kill him!" I said.
"Why not?" Shiro asked, glaring at me.
"Look, I know a lot more about the situation than you do. Can we just put him in a cell for now?" I begged. "Please!"
Everyone was confused, but nodded.
"Thank you so much!" I cried.

_____

"OK Lance," Alurra crossed her arms. "Explain."
I sighed. "Back when we lost Shiro for a few days, we found a clone made by the Galra, not the real Shiro. His name is Kuron."
"And you didn't tell us?!" Pidge said.
"I'm not done!" I said. "He didn't know he wasn't Shiro. Kuron honestly thought he was SHiro! He had the memories and relationships with us and knew Shiro's past. But he still acted differently. That's how I found out. But he was-Sorry. IS-still a person! So when he confronted e and told me he thought he might be a clone, I confirmed it for him. I decided not to tell anyone, because I knew this would happen!"
"So you didn't even care  to think where I was?!" Shiro said. "You just saw this one and thought "Well, close enough!"?!"
I looked at the floor. I had no excuse for not thinking about the real Shiro.
"Lance, I'm very disappointed in you." Alurra said.
"I don't care," I said. "Kuron is still a person! He deserves to be loved and respected!"
"Even when he almost killed you?" Hunk asked.
"That was obviously not him! The galra must've been controlling him!"
Shiro sighed. "Just...get some rest everyone," he said. "We'll decide what to do with Kuron in the morning"

_____


I snuck down to the cells that night to see Kuron.
"Psst!" I whispered. "Kuron!"
Kuron awoke, his eyes back to normal. "Lance?" his eyes widened. "What happend?! Are you OK?! Where am I?!"
"Shhh!" I whispered. "Its OK," I said. "You were being controlled by the galra. Your in a cell right now."
Kuron gasped when he saw the hand print on my neck. "Did...Did I do that?"
I nodded.
He burst into sobs. "I'm so sorry!" he said. "I didn't mean to!"
"Hey, Hey," I said. "Its OK! You weren't yourself,"
"But now the others know! What will they do with me? What will happen to us?" he gasped even louder. "DID YOU TELL THEM ABOUT US?!"
"No," I said. "I only told them how I learned you were a clone."
Kuron sighed in relief. "I'm so sorry. I had just left Voltron none of this would've happened."
"Don't say that!" I said. "That would mean you left me!"
"You're right, I'm sorry," Kuron leaned through the bars, and our lips met.

Not what you would expect to be the perfect first kiss, but it was perfect for me...

"Lance?!"

Kuron and I separated and I turned around.
It was Hunk! He had seen us!
"Hunk," i said. "You can't tell anyone about this!"
"Unlike you, I don't keep secrets from my team!" he yellled.

Ouch, that hurt.

Kuron growled. "Don't talk about Lance like that!" he hissed.
Hunk glared at Kuron.
"Hunk, Please!" I said. "Your my best friend! Please don't do this!"
"I'm doing this for your own good!" Hunk said, and leaned into the coms. "Guys, get down here."

_____

Everyone's arms were crossed as they glared at me.
"I can't believe you," Keith said. "Not only did you know that Kuron wasn't the real Shiro, you took advantage of him and made him your boyfriends; fully aware that it wasn't real."
"Excuse me?!" I yelled. I turned to Shiro. "And its true, I did have a crush on you. But when Kurpon came in, I fell for him instead! Personally, I like him much more than you!"
Shiro stomped up to me and grabbed me by my hair.
"How. Dare. you." he growled. "Your saying you like my clone better than me!"
"Clearer than day!" I hissed.
Pidge gasped. "After all you've been through with him?!"
"After what? The yelling, making me feel usless?!" I said.
"Kuron would yell at you too!" Hunk said.
"It was to keep up the act! And he would apologize! Unlike you!" I turned back to Shiro.
Shiro threw me against the bars. "get out." he said.
"What?"
"I said get out!" Shiro yelled. "Both of you! Out of this castle! Now!"
"We're in space! Where do you expect us to go?!" I yelled.
"I don';t care," Alurra said. "Anywhere but with us."
"Wait! Your going too far!" Hunk said, but everyone ignored him.
"Fine," I said. "Let me go pack my things,"

____

I walked up to Kuron's cell, a large duffel bag in my arms. I unlcoked his cell and led him to the hangers.
"I'm so sorry," Kuron said. "Because of me you have to leave your space family."
"It's fine," I said, smiling sadly. "You just helped reveal their true colors."
Kuron nodded.

"Lance! Wait!" Hunk ran up to us."Shiro said if you leave Kuron you can stay!"
"I'm standing right here!" Kuron shouted.
 "Please Lance! We need the blue lion!"
"I'm sorry Hunk," I said. "I thought we were friends. But friends wouldn't make another leave someone they love for their own selfish desires. I love Kuron, and I'm staying with him."
"But what if he attacks you again?!" Hunk asked.
"I figured out a way," I said and nodded to Kuron.
Kuron turned around, reveal a chip on his neck.
"Pidge built this just before I got Kuron out of his cell. It keeps the Galra out." I said. "Now, if you excuse us, we're leaving."

Hunk broke down in tears behind us. "No Lance! Please!"
"Look Hunk!" I turned around yelling. "Unless Kuron is staying, I'm not staying!"
Hunk looked down, guilty tears running down his face.
"Tell the others I say goodbye. Oh! And here:" I tossed him a communicator. "For if you ever want to talk. I doubt you guys will, but still."
Hunk started to cry again.
"Goodbye," I whispered.

_____

"I'm sorry Lance," Kuron said. "I know that must've been hard for you."
"It was," I said. "But I had to do it. I just can't live without you!" I smiled, and kissed him.

___

So here we are. Kuron and I, traveling the galaxy on our way back to Earth. We sometimes see Voltron on reststops on planets. Sweet and awkward moments always follow, but we make it work.

There have been times where the Galra have still gotten to Kuron, but he never hurts me. Just says mean things and threatens me. But when the real Kuron comes back, he always apologizes. KIt's hard, but we make it work.

There are times when I miss my team. no matter what they did to me, I still consider them family. I try and use the communicator. But sometimes when we're talking, Shiro will come in and start to yell through the communicator, and that's when I end the call. It's hard, but we make it work.

We always make it work.


THE END





No comments:

Post a Comment