Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Voltron LANGST/Klance/Latt oneshot--Hanhaki disease AU/ Matt X Lance

I've never done this ship or this topic, but I'm excited to try!

If you don;t know what Hanhaki is, here's an explanation:

Hanhaki disease

Don't worry, I plan for a happy ending! I think this will be quick paced though. It honestly feels like this is two stories in one...

Twitter

Image result for lance x matt voltron

Lance looked over at Keith. His long raven hair, dark indigo eyes, and just-wow....
Lance wouldn't deny that he was head over heals for Keith.

That was the problem.

It was two months ago Lance had caught Hanhaki from his little crush. He knew Hanhaki was deadly, and that he would die in about four months if he didn't get it removed. But he held out hope. He wanted so desperately for Keith to love him back.
And you know, to live!

Lance felt a tickle in his throat, and knew what was coming. He quickly excused himself from the control room and ran to his room.

_________________

Lance leaned over the toilet, riving in agony. He hurled up flower petals and blood. The flowers weren't even his favorite. They were red carnations.
Red.
Just to remind him of his lover that probably did not love him back.
Lance wiped his mouth and washed off his face.

"This is just the worst!" He put his head down and started to cry. "I could've died in battle fighting aliens! But no! I have to die from a stupid flower."

__________________

TIME SKIP: ONE MORE MONTH FOR LANCE TO LIVE


Lance woke up with an epiphany that day.
If I confess to Keith, maybe he'll love me back! And I'll be cured! Lance thought.
He ran into the training room, where he knew Keith would be.

Lance was about to enter when he stopped dead in his tracks.
Keith was just pulling away from a kiss....with Shiro.

Lance quickly ran away before they could see him.
Keith didn't love him back and he was going to die.
Just then a thought came to his head: If he removed it, then he would live.
But if he did, all of Lance's feelings for Keith would vanish forever.

_________________

Lance pounded on Pidge's door that night.
"Lance! What do you-" Pidge gasped, seeing Lance's condition.
He was panting hard, covered in blood.
"Lance what happened?!" she pulled him inside.
"I have...Hanhaki..." he panted. "Please...I need it....removed.."
"Are you sure?" Pidge asked. "You know what it will do right?"
"I'm sure," LAnce nodded. "Please Pidge. This is my last month..." he collasped in Pidge's arms.

It was the 30th of that month.

Lance was going to die tonight.

___________________

"HELP!" Pidge screamed through the halls as she ran to the medical chambers. "PLEASE! HELP!"

She lied Lance down on a medical table.
"Pidge! What happened?!" Alurra cried as the others ran in.
"Lance has hanhaki!" Pidge cried. "He's going to die tonight if we don't remove it!"
"Corran, can you remove it?" Hunk asked.
"I can try," Corran said. "What is it I need to remove?"

___________________

The others were sitting outside while Pidge and Corran preformed the operation.
Corran looked at Lance's lungs, a giant red carnation with green vines wrapped around them.
"Is that ot?" Corran asked.
"Yes!" Pidge said. "That's it! Now quickly! Cut it out! Cut it now!"

Corran carefully cut out the giant flower and vines, and stitched Lance's chest back up. Lance was then put in a healing pod.

TIME SKIP: AFTER HEALING POD

Lance stumbled out of the pod, falling into Pidge's arms.
"Is it...Is it out?" he asked.
"It's out," Pidge smiled. "Thanks to Corran!"
Lance looked up at the Altean. "Thank you so much!"

Everyone took turns giving Lance a hug, but when it was Keith's turn, Lance just gave him a handshake.
Lance then left the room.

____________________

"Pidge," Corran walked up to the green paladin. "May I ask you something?"
"Sure, what's up?" Pidge asked.
"What exactly did Lance catch? Hanhaki, you said it was? What is that?"
"Oh," Pidge saddened. "Its a deadly disease on Earth. Basically, a piece of Flora grows in your lungs, until it chokes you to death. Its caused by one-sided lovers. The cure is either your lover loves you back, or to get it removed. But if you get it removed, all your feelings for the lover vanish forever."
"That's so horrible!" Corran cried.
"I know," Pidge said. "But now Lance is gonna be Ok!" she stopped. "But come to think of it, I wonder who it was he loved..."

____________________


TIME SKIP:

"I FOUND HIM!!!!" Pidge ran into the control room.
"Found who?" Hunk asked.
"My brother! Matt!"
"Really?! That's amazing!" Shior smiled.
"He's being held in a Galra ship not too far! C'mon, we have to rescue him!"


_________________

Lance walked through the galra ship, gun in hand. He was following Pidge's directions to the cells.
he found the one he was looking for, and blasted open the door.

"Please don't hurt me!" a figure cowering in the corner said.
"Are you...Matt Holt?" Lance called out.
"How do you know my name?"
"I'm Lance, a paladin of Voltron. I know your sister!"

Lance stepped closer, and his eyes widened.

Matt was very handsome.

He had golden locks that went down to his shoulders and hazel eyes.

"Well, um, I'm here to rescue you!" Lance stuttered. "C'mon!"
"I'm injured," Matt said. "They broke my leg."
"Oh! I can carry you! That is, if your Ok with it."
"Sure," Matt smiled.

______________

Lance landed in the hangers. He picked up Matt, and brought him into the healing chambers.
"What's that?" Matt pointed at the pod.
"That's a healing pod. It's gonna make you pass out, but its perfectly safe! You'll be out in around an hour, your leg as good as new!"
Matt smiled up at Lance. "Ok," he said.

Lance placed Matt inside, and smiled up at him.
Then, Pidge ran in.

"Is he OK?!" she creamed in panic.
"He's fine," Lance said. "He just broke his leg is all. He'll be out soon."
Pidge sighed. "I just can't believe he's really here! I finally have my brother back!"
Lance hugged her. "I'm proud of you. You never stopped searching, and look what happened! You found him!"

______________

TIME SKIP: AFTER MATT IS OUT OF THE POD

Pidge almost never left Matt's side. Once he got out of the pod.

"I can't believe my sister is out there, saving the universe!" Matt smiled.
"I'm not doing it alone!" Pidge bumped his shoulder. "I have my team!"
"Speaking of your team, I still don't know a lot about them. You've kinda been hogging me!"
"Sorry!" Pidge said. "I'll let you hang out with the rest of the team..."

______________


Matt and Shiro were talking in the lounge.
"I'm so sorry we couldn't find you sooner Matt," Shiro said.
"Its fine!" Matt reasured him. "I'm here now!"

Lance entered the room.
"Hey Guys!" he smiled."What's up?"
"Matt and I were just talking and catching up," Shiro said.
"Oh! Well don't mind me, i'm just getting a snack! from the mini fridge!"

"So, how's it going with you and Keith?" Matt smirked at Shiro

Suddenly, a plate broke.
"Lance! Are you Ok?" Shiro asked,
Lance just started at the broken plate, deep in thought.
"Lance?" Matt called.
"Sorry!" Lance said.



Matt and Keith were training in the training room. Matt wanted to get to know Keith, and this is what he did for fun.
"So, how's it going with you and Shiro?" Matt smirked again.
"Its going well," Keith said. "Shiro is very kind."

"OW!"

The two turned around and saw Lance on the ground.
"Lance? What happened?" Matt asked.
"Ran into the wall," Lance groaned. "Sorry!"



Matt was cooking with Hunk when Lance came in.
"Hey you two!" he smiled. "What's cooking?"
"I found this weird meat last planet we had visited." Hunk said. "Matt and I are cooking it up!"
"Ooh! I can't wait!" Lance smiled.

______________________


After dinner, Matt ran up to Lance. Even though he hadn't seen him a lot, he had totally fallen for him. His beauty, kindness, smile...

"Lance!" Matt smiled.
"Hey Matt!" Lance smiled. "What is it?"
"I was wondering if we could hang out?"
Lance blushed. "Um sure. But I don;t really do anything fun,"
"Please? I barely know you!"
"Alright," Lance said. "Follow me."



Lance and Matt sat on the floor in the observatory.
"I know we practically live in space, but the stars never got old to me." Lance said. "They remind me of home,"
Matt nodded. "That's sweet!" he said. "What's your favorite constellation?"
"There aren't any recognizable ones way out here," Lance sighed.
"Right,"

Suddenly, Lance started to cough a little. He started to breath faster and shake.
"Lance! Are you OK?!" Matt put a hand on his shoulder.
He must be having a panic attack, Matt thought.

"Lance, breath with me."

The two took a few deep breaths until Lance was back to normal.
"What...what was that?" Lance asked.
"It was a panic attack," Matt said. "Do you have them often?"
Lance shook his head.
"What do you think triggered it?" Matt asked.
"It was the coughing."
"Why?"
"because last time I coughed, flower petals came out."

Matt gasped.
"You had...hanhaki?"
"Lance nodded. "I got it removed,"
"Who...who was your lover?"
"I think it was Keith. Good memories with him are a blur..."
"So that's why you were so weird when I mentioned his relationship with Shiro! Lane I'm so sorry! I didn't-"

"It's fine," Lance smiled. "I just fear I'm getting it again..."
"What, are you in love again?" Matt asked.
Lance nodded.
"With who?"
Lance took a deep breath...

"You."

Matt sat there, shocked.
"You love...me?"
"Not for long," Lance said. "I know you don't like me back, so I'll be getting the hanhaki removed once it starts up again."
"No lance!" Matt said. "I never said I didn't love you! Just the opposite!"
Lance looked up at Matt, tearing up.
"For real?"
"For real!" Matt grabbed his face and kissed him.

Lance let go and cried into Matt's chest.
"What's wrong?" Matt asked.
"Nothing..." Lance said. "I just never thought anyone would love me after the-well, you know..."


"Thank you"

THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment