Saturday, February 8, 2020

Trin Eneron--Part 1(Prologue and chapter 1)

Ok, so this was originally a joke but it kinda became a real thing in my head 🤣

Enjoy!

PROLOGUE: 

Trin Eneron's troubles started when everyone's troubles started. 
When the war started. 

    Brie Trom was once a royal advisory for the king and queen. But when she became unappreciated and replaced by someone younger with so called "Bright ideas", she turned to dark practices.
She built herself an army of corpses who too had been forgotten, and attacked the kingdom.
    Thousands of homes, lives, lost forvever. Too many bodies to dig graves for, so they were thrown to the oceans. merciless waters for a merciless enemy

Many had been slaughtered that day, but some took it as a chance.
A chance to leave their trouble's, they're problems.
According to Trin's father, that meant, leave them.

Why? Was all Trim had asked for years. Why leave them?
To starve?
To fend for themselves?

Years passed. Nearly everyone lived in a hut and starved. No one in the kingdom was living. They were only just getting by.

Thousands of people, men, women, and children alike, were called to the capital to fight in the war. There were no letters home, not even if one had died. The only news you would receve would be a single messanger, shaking their head.

Trin's mother had learned the ways of persuasion.
Or should one say, prostitution.
Meanwhile Trin learned the ways of warriors. Learned to fight, protect, and lead.

It all came to head one day, when a small group of Brie's corpses came into the town. Trin rallyied the town and fought them off.

This caught the attention of the king...


CHAPTER 1: In which Trin is given an opportunity 

(TRIN'S POV)


As I sat looking around the town-

Well, its not really a town. Its more of a...well, dry swamp? Its not wet at all, but it gives off the "I live in a dumb" like a swamp does.
Huts made of mud and straw fill the streets. There is only one fruit stand and one fire place.
Mother and I would normally get first pick of everything, as mom knew every man in the town by that point.

As I sat looking around the town I took a bight of my crisp apple. It tasted sour, but I don't wanna waste anything.
Suddenly, two large boys my age came up to me. They glared at me.
"Mox, Mon," I nodded to greet them. "May I help you?"
"Give us the apple," Mox, the elder of the brothers, said.
"Why?" I asked.
"You don't deserve it!" Mon said. "The town is starving and your family gets the best of everything we have!"
"We still have just as little as you," I said. "Just, better quality?"
"The only reason you have anything is because you're bother is a ox yelled.

I stand up quickly and throw a punch. Mox doges it and Mon kicks my stomach. I stumble back but quickly charge again and push Mox into Mon. Mon and Mox fall to the ground and I sat on top of them. I use both my hadns to punch them both in the face at the same time.

"Never, call my mother a whore." I said.

"Why not, after all, we've heard its true."

We all looked up to see three men on horses. They worse royal army uniforms.
I lets them go and we all stood up.
"Tell me young man, what is your mother's profession?" the man smirked.
"...a prostitute." I admit.
"Then they have every right to call your mother what she is!" the men laughed.
"Did you come here to tarnish my family name or are you here for a reason?" I yelled at the men.

"Oh yes, go fetch your mother in fact. We need to talk to you." the leader of the men said.

....


Mother poured the men some tea. It was really hot water with a leaf in it but-

"How may we help you  men?" Mother asked. She leaned forward, her shirt slipping off her shoulder and smiling.
"We are not here for that ma'am." One of the men said.

The leader of them started to speak. "The great general Ervin, of the army has been taken from us. he died in battle just yesterday."
"Oh goodness!" Mother gasped.
"Yes, but we need to end this chaos before the enemy can take advantage. The King has Ordered Trin Eneron to become general and lead our army."
"Me?"
"Yes you."

"You will be paid obviously, and you will live at thew capital. Your mother will receive daily income as well." the man said.
"Son, are you sure about this? You could-"
I nodded. "I'll go with you. However, my mother will not be the only one paid, You will give a reasonable amount to the people of my town."
"Fine."

...


Trin Eneron was given one of the horses while the leader rode on his own and the two other men shared one.
As Trin rode off away from his town millions of thoughts ran through his head.
So many people he once knew where called to the capital. Would he see any of them?
Did he have what it takes to be a general.

Wait a minute. Didn't general Ervin have a daughter?
Shouldn't she be general?


TO BE CONTINUED

Chapter 2



No comments:

Post a Comment