Thursday, August 27, 2026

Minecraft Log #8

 8/27/26

Today, I’m starting on my mission to make a map! I’ll need 8 papers and 1 compass. Making the compass is going to be the hardest part. Because I’ll need lots of iron(x4 iron ingots) but also redstone(x1) which I’m not sure I’ve encountered yet. But I’m more familiar with mining than I am farming(need x3 sugarcane for x3 paper), so im going to go for the iron and redstone today.

I started by going to a patch of stone across the water and mining for stone and coal. I quickly crafted stone tools and torches before making my way back to the village(leaving another trail of torches). I made a chest and put some items away before making my way to the cave. I left a trail of torches to find my way back. I dug around and found granite, coal, and copper, and even some blue lapus, but no iron. I blocked back up the hole i dug before going back to town. I wandered it in circles for ages, trying to find a smelter. Before finally i gave up and crafted my own. I began to smelt copper to make tools, in hopes it would let me break rocks to mine iron. 

Next time I need to harvest wood to make sticks to make LADDERS so I can return to the mine i filled in.


I think I want to build a house here in this village. Copy what the others look like, make some sort of defining feature. So that I have a second house and stuff. When I get back home, I’m gonna make a house. A real one. With all the floors and decor I want(IDK if I’ll turn on creative mode for that or not haha)! Because I’ve learned that even if I explore, I want to have places safe to come back to. Which means I’ll be making a lot of maps haha!

Sidenote—I discovered the little green orbs mobs drop are Experience Points. So i’ll need to be gathering those if I want to progress. I have an idea: I’ll build a Gladiator Ring! A place where I can control the mobs coming in and not letting too many in! I’ll use iron bars for the ceiling to avoid anything dropping in. Perhaps those “mob spawners” ive heard about could also be useful. But I have no idea how to make those. 

No comments:

Post a Comment