Sunday, May 19, 2019

Voltron LANCELOT oneshot--Closer(Tori's challenge)

My good friend Tori made this challenge on her blog:

Challenge

LETS DO THIS!!!



TRIGGERS: ABUSE AND SLAVERY

Lance was tired. Very tired. He wasn't being treated fairly in missions or on the castle. But at that changed the day they captured Prince Lotor.

"Who decided this was a good idea?" keith asked.
"Alurra," Shiro said. "She said we might be able to get info outa' him."
"Who honestly thinks we can get info outa' this guy?" Keith asked.
Most everyone raised their hand agreeing with Alurra, who was already with Lotor.

"Lets head to the cell," Shiro said.
As they walked in, they heard Alurra scream in frustration.
They walked in to see Alurra pacing and Lotor smirking.

"He won't talk," Alurra said. "maybe we should throw him off."
"FINALLY!" Keith cheered.
"No, wait, I have an idea." Lance whispered.
"Lance, now is not the time-"
"Just trust me!" Lance urged. "Leave us alone for around 10 minutes."
"Fine." Shiro said as the other piled out.

______

Lance sat down next to Lotor's cell.
"Talk," Lance said.
"About what?" Lotor played dumb.
"Anything you want!" Lance smiled.

Lotor was taken aback. Was Lance...going along with this?

"Um, what?" Lotor asked.
"What do you wanna talk about?" Lance asked.
"You won't break me!" Lotor crossed his arms.
"Nah, I can tell you're already broken." Lance shrugged.
"What's that supposed to mean?!" Lotor yelled.
"I'm just saying, your generals seem to have disappeared and by the look in your eyes, you seem to be pretty lonely."

Lotor stopped.
"I'm here if you wanna talk about it. I know from experience it helps to talk it out."
"What experience?"
Lance stood up. "I'll tell you soon enough. But for now, I gotta go. Unless you feel like talking?"
Lotor put his head down.
"Alright then," Lance said. "I'm going to go to dinner. I'll bring you yours later."

And with that, Lance left leaving Lotor confused...but comfortable.

...

"Well, how did it go? What was your idea? Did it work?" Hunk bombarded Lance with questions.
"Chill Hunk," Lance said.
"Lance, what is your plan here?" Shiro asked.
"Recruit him." Lance said.
"WHAT?!" Keith and Pidge yelled.
"Guys, if we can earn his trust, for him to join us, we might not have as many enemies and we'll have a lot of info!"
"Absolutely not! I will not allow that bastard(SORRY!)on this team! He will betray us!"
"Whatever," Lance shrugged. "You do what you want. But I won't give up on him. Lotor can change."

_________________

TIME SKIP: TWO MONTHS:

Lance made lots of progress. Way more than the rest of the team, who just kept violently interrogating him.

Lotor had really opened up to Lance. Telling him about his father issues and how he didn't like how the galra treated people or did business. Score one for Lance getting tons of Galra info because of this!
But he wasn't just trying to get info. he had really begun to care for Lotor. They had become really close!

"Hey," Lance walked in for his daily check in with Lotor.
"Hello," Lotor smiled.
"How are you holding up?"
"Another bruise form Alurra, but other that that I am well."
"I'm really sorry. I've tried talking to them."

"Lance, I've been meaning to ask you something." Lotor said.
"Sure, what's up?"
"My first day you had experience with being broken. You said you would tell me someday. May I request you tell me please? As I have told you much myself?"
Lance nodded. "That's fair. But are you sure? Its dark."
Lotor nodded.

TRIGGER WARNINGS AHEAD

"My father was very abusive and basically made my family slaves." Lance said. We didn't go to school and some of us couldn't even talk because we were never taught. I eventually escaped, but had to leave my family behind with him. Later I found out My father. had been arrested and the rest of my family was deported from America. I've...I've never come to terms with the guilt."
"Oh my," Lotor said. "We both really are broken."
"Yeah, I guess we are!" Lance smiled through his tears.

...

The team had brought Lance in for an emergency meeting.
"Guys, is everything ok?" Lance asked, sitting down.
"lance, we need you to stop visisting Lotor." Shiro said.
Lance stood up again. "No!"
"Lance, we're never going to let him join! Your getting too close!"
"No! No! No!" Lance yelled. "He's honestly just misunderstood!"
"Lance-"

"Honestly! I'm just a normal boy, aren't I allowed to fall in love?!" Lance yelled.

He hadn't even really realized what he said before Keith slapped him.
"He's the bad guy you idiot!" Keith said. "How can  you possibly love him?!"
"I just do! Ok?!" Lance said back. "Look, I'm sorry all your abusive tactics to get Lotor to talk haven't worked! But meanwhile, I've gotten him to open up and he really likes me and I like him! Now, if you refuse to let an honestly ok guy not join this team, you're going to have to say goodbye to the both of us!"
"Lance no! We can't just-"
"No." Shiro interrupted Pidge.
"Fine, see ya on Earth!" Lance said, leaving the room.

________________

Lance unlocked Lotor's cell.
"Wh-What are you doing?" Lotor asked.
"We're leaving." Lance said.
"Are you taking me back to the galra?"
"No,we';re heading to my home planet. Earth."

Lance held out a hand. "How does me teaching you how to live a normal life sound?"
Lotor took his hand and smiled. "Sounds lovely."

THE END

3 comments: