Monday, September 27, 2021

MHA Self Insert Drabble — Tenya Iida /AND/ WogWoman — Autism Acceptence

 When the GF’s away, ~Fictional Men~ come to play~~~

This isn’t romance, its 👨‍🏫Education👨‍🏫. For Tenya AND You!!

And if it wasn’t obvi yet: TW: 

  • Tenya Iida internalized ableism(aka uninformed)
Anything Tenya says at the beginging about “Looking Autistic” or etc is WRONG. 
  • UA are actually being GOOD in this! 

This is honestly a total vent. When me and my GF first got together, she had tons of internalized ableism due to misinformation. So I’ve been teaching her about how to remedeey it! But I do wanna clarify she is NICER than Tenya in this story. Tenya is much more stubborn and less willing to learn than my gf. (Gosh I love my Gf 💛)

Ok lets gooooOOOOO!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Tenya Iida had knowledge in many different feilds. And while socializing with other peers his age wasn’t one he had much knowledge in, he was slowly learning with experience. However, peers with disabilities was something he was brand new at. He had learned the basic knowledge on mentally disabled people. However as we all know: The information on the disabled in schools is not the most accurate or respectful. And Tenya learned this when he first met Molly. 

It had been a school wide event, and principal Nezu was making a speech. Students stood in a crowd to listen. Tenya was paying close attention, however something close to him had caught his attention. There was another student next to him wearing headphones. How disrespectful! As a Class Representative he felt compelled to scold her. 
“Excuse me Miss,” he tapped her shoulder.
The girl jumped a bit in surprise, and pulled off one side of the headphones. 
“You should take those off. Now is not the time to listen to music. Our principal is speaking, show respect!” Tenya scolded.
The girl looked hurt, and already had tears welling in her eyes. But she stood firm and said, “They’re noice cancelling,” she explained, as if that was any better.
“You must pay attention!”
“Sir, you don’t understand—“

The crowd began to applaud, and it seemed Nezu was done speaking.
“Oh no! I missed the rest of the speech!” Tenya gasped. “I must go ask him what I missed.”
“Wait for me!” The girl said. “I need to ask him what I missed too.”
“Thats your own fault, you should have been paying attention.” Tenya scolded. 
The girl at this point seemed to be getting frustrated. She sighed loudly. “Look, I have autism! I needed to put on my earmuffs-“
“You don’t look Autistic.” Tenya noted. 
Its true, she did not! She did was not drooling or cross eyed. She did not have limp hands nor was she non verbal. She didn’t have an aid with her or a talker. 
“Thats really offensive!” The girl declared. She pushed passed him, straight to principal Nezu.

Tenya stood for a moment. He wasn’t wrong, was he? This is what he was taught! And the teachers couldn’t be wrong, could they? Tenya quickly followed to wait for Principal Nezu to be done talking with the girl so he may ask about the speech and report the girl for disrespect. However he began to overhear what the girl was saying:

“Thank Principal Nezu for understanding,” she smiled, as if she hadn’t just argued with Class 1-A’s rep seconds ago. “I’ll check my email for the notes on your speech when I get back to my dorm.”
“Of course Ms. Molly.” Nezu said.
“Oh! There was one more thing!”
“I’d love to hear it, however there seems to be another student waiting.” He gestured to Tenya.
“It’s actually about him. But I’ll email you instead. It is urgent though!”
Nezu nodded. “Of course. Have a wonderful time at the event!”
The girl, Molly, nodded. She glanced back at Tenya before walking away.

Tenya Iida! How may I help you?” Nezu asked when Tenya approached him.
“I want to appologize,” Tenya bowed. “I was scolding someone for ignoring your speech. However while doing it I missed the end of your speech. While it could be seen as hypocritical, I only wanted the person to respect your words. May I please be emailed the final points of your speech?”
“Very responsible and modest of you Tenya,” Nezu said. “Of course you may. And you will not be punished. However, may I have the name of the student whom ‘tuning out’ during my speech?”
“It was the student that was just speaking to you.” Tenya said.

“Oh…” Nezu’s face changed to one of guilt. “Was she wearing large pink headphones?”
“Yes.” Tenya said. “Has she done this before?! How rude—“
“Ah, we seem to have had a misunderstanding. Those were noice cancelling earmuffs.”
“I am aware.” Tenya said. “At first I assumed she was listening to music. However she clarified. As if blocking your voice entirely was any better.”
Nezu nodded. “That student has accommodations and was not disrespecting me, I assure you.” Nezu smiled. “However I am thankful for your concern!”
“What do you mean?” Tenya asked. “I mean no disrespect, but she was even faking illness! Claiming too have Autism.”
Nezu stiffened. “Oh dear, I understand the situation now…”
“I am glad.” Tenya smiled triumphantly.
“It seems I will need to organize a meeting with both of you.”
“Both?”
“Don’t worry about it now Mr. Iida. Enjoy the Event!”

Tenya nodded, and walked off. The event was easy to enjoy, and knowing a disrespectful student was going to get their comeuppance had put him in a good mood. He truley was a hero!

______________________


Tenya Iida sat in Prinicapl Nezu’s office. Two chairs were placed in front of his desk. The other student seemed to be late. How much worse could things get for her? He almost felt bad. However Nezu didn’t seem bothered at all.
Finally, the other student entered. She had tried tears and a tense look. She slowly walked to Principal Nezu’s desk and took the seat next to Iida. Nezu pushed forward a bowl of colorful trinkets towards her. She took one, and began to plant with it. She nodded a silent thank you. 
“Thank you both for coming,” Nezu smiled. “I want to assure both of you, neither of you are in trouble.”

The girl sighed with heavy relief, however Tenya tensed. Why wasn’t she in trouble? And what should he have thought he would be? Surely Nezu would punish the girl for such disrespect to him. And she even tried to fake disease! Thats just wrong.

“We are here to discuss the obvious miscommunication and misinformation between you two.” Nezu said. “Ms. Molly has given me permission to inform you of her condition. Insisting…”
Molly sighed. “I doubt you would have given this up,” she said. “You don’t seem like the type to let something go until you understand. I..I get that.”
“Indeed.” Tenay nodded. “I don’t understand.”
“I’m sure Molly already informed you Mr. Tenya Iida, but she has Autism Spectrum Disorder.”
“Yes.” Tenya said. “I thought we were in understanding that was a fib.”
Molly put her head in her hands, but gestured for Nezu to keep going.
“It is in fact not a falsehood,” Nezu explained. “She indeed is medically diagnosed with Autism.”
Tenya rose an eyebrow. “I am confused, but I will allow you to continue.”
“Thank you. Molly informed you you made many ableist comments to her the day of the event.”
“I would never-“
“However she also insisted that these were misty likely due to misinformation.”

Tenya took a deep breath. “Sir, I aced the classes and tests that went over the disabled public and how to handle them.”
Molly growled. “OOOOOOOH my god! We don’t need to be handled!”
“Well perhaps not you, but others—“
“Tenya, please listen.” Nezu said. 
Tenya nodded. 
“Molly is a very kind student of the General Education departmen-“
“Shouldn’t she be in special Ed then?”
“Shut up before I smack you!” Molly smiled a forced smile. 
“She is threatening me!” Tenya said. 
“Please be quiet, both of you!” Nezu demanded. 
The two silenced. Nezu thanked them.

“Molly is a very kind girl, and has made a request.” Nezu folded his hands. “Instead of punishment, she would like to personally educate you on Autism!” Nezu smiled. “However if you refuse, we will hire a diufferent educated Autistic to tutor you.”
Molly rose her hand slightly, and Nezu allowed her to speak.
“Your the class rep of 1-A. And I…I don’t want someone in that position to be spreading misinformation. Wether on purpose or not.”
“I was unaware I was misinformed.” Tenya sighed. “And I suppose I applogize for my ableist behavior.”
Molly nodded. “Thank you.”
“The sessions will take place the second half of your lunch period.” Nezu said. “What do you say Tenya Iida? Will you allow Molly to educate you?”

Tenya looked at Molly. She could have easily had him punished, and honestly ruin his future hero career. But instead she was offering to take the time to teach him. He could at least return the favor and show the respect too be taught by her and not a stranger.

“I accept.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Tenya Iida could admit, he took longer to learn this subject than any other he had ever had. Disabled people weren’t diseased or to be pitted, nor were they incompetent. They were just as valuable as any nerotypical, and just needed different things than others. Tenya was proud to say he finally understood Autism as much as he could without having it himself. He worked hard to advocate for the disabled and be more open minded and respectful.

THE END

This was just to relive a good memory you could say.

No comments:

Post a Comment