Sunday, February 14, 2021

The Princess’s Bodyguard — Part 1

 Happy Valentines Day 2021!


Alright clearings things up:

This is a FULL FANFICTION for Half Upon a Time. There will be a masterpost for the chapters but yeah this is a full fanfic. Its here on my blog cuz I didn’t want to post it on my wattpad LMAOOOO.

So yeah obvi spoilers for all 3 books of HUAT.


OK LETS GO!


——-

Jill watched as Gwentell the golden fairy played around her vanity. She would look at herself in the mirror, play with the hair brush and products.
Jill looked at the fancy vanity. The fancy bedroom she was in. 

The kingdom of Charm hands been revived, and the castle finally restored(No thanks to her father, who hadn’t picked up the broom once!). People moved back into the kingdom, and Jill’s father was king. He wasn’t a tyrant, but he that didn’t mean he didn’t have at least a little greed. Jack was currently with May, out on another adventure. What they were doing? Who knows.

Jill left Gwentell to the vanity, as she stood up and wandered the large room. She picked up her sword. Despite it being an Eye’s sword, a thing of evil, thing she did evil with, she couldn’t let it go. She swung it around a little bit, letting its power flow through her. She quickly put it down.
“No, I’m done with that sword! I’m done!” She whispered to herself.

Gwentell perked up at Jill’s voice. She flew into Jill’s hair and started to softly braid it. Jill’s hair, now royalty, had been washed for the first in a long while. Gwentell loved the smell.
“Gwentell I don’t know what to do,” Jill fell onto her bed.
Gwentell hopped off her head, and started to play with the strands and make little braided strands of the longer peices. 
“Being a princess? This is not the life I want.” Jill continued. “I’m a fighter! I don’t sit around wearing dresses! Thank god dad hasn;t made me wear any yet.” Jill had been wearing simple yellow tunics, like Jack used to wear. Yet she missed the weight armor.
Gwentell nodded as she listened. She stopped braiding and sat on Jill’s chest. 
“I would train our army if we had one.” Jill said.
Gwentell ruffled up her hair and gave a masculine pose. She marched in place.
“Go on an adventure like Jack?” 
Gwentell nodded.
“I don’t know...I’ve seen enough of this world. I want to stay rooted, but I also want to be active!” Jill lifted her pillow and screamed. “Why is this is hard!”

Gwentell patted Jill’s head. Jill chuckled.
“I don’t see why Jack doesn’t like you. You seem perfectly friendly to me,” Jill said.
Gwentell began to act like a monkey animal. 
“He is a fool,” Jill said. “I wish I had Jack’s power to understand you. I feel like we’d have some great chats together.”
Gwentell nodded.

There was a knock at the door, and a servant entered. Right, they had servant now.
“Princess, your father the king wishes to see you.”
Jill groaned. She hated being called Princess!!
“Thanks,” Jill said, following the servant.

____________________

Jill’s father sat on the throne. Not in a regal way, more of the way a child sits when they’re bored.
“Hey kiddo!” Jill’s father smiled.
“Hey dad,” Jill grunted. “What did you want?”
“We gotta run an errand.”
“What?”
“Was chatting with King Phillip. He said Jack and May are stopping by his kingdom while on their adventure. So he thought we should all get together for tea.”
“I hate being royal.” Jill growled. “Tea? Servants? A castle?! What is all this?!”
“It’s better than being in a cell,” Jill’s father said. “Or not being able to think your own thoughts at the fear of murder?”
Yikes, that one stung. Jill glared, but stayed silent. 
“Hey, if you find something better to do lemme know! Now come on.”

...

Guards bowed to Jill and her Father as they entered Phillip’s castle. 
She hated in. She was used to serving, not being served. 

They entered a large hall, where a table sat. Jack, Phillip, and May were already there.
“Ah! I’m so glad you could make it!” Phillip smiled as he greeted Jill and her father.
“Wouldn’t miss a chance to tease Jack,” Jill’s father ruffled Jack’s hair.
“Good to see you too dad.” Jack grumbled.
“Hey dork,” Jill said to Jack.
“Hey,” Jack said back. “How’s the princess life treating you?” He smirked.
“I fucking hate it.” Jill said.
“K-Keep it clean!” Phillip requested. “I must say I am surprised. I’d assume after being a warrior for so long you would’ve liked relaxing.”
“I wouldn’t even know where to start relaxing. I’ve never done it.”
“Doesn’t this count?” May asked, holding up her tea cup.
“I mean, its ok...”

Jill looked around the table. There was someone missing.
“Where’s Penelope?” Jill asked.
Phillip’s eyes widened. “I had told her that tea was ready a while ago. Goodness I have no idea where she is!”
Just then 3 guards walked in. “Your Hignness,” they said. “We went ti fetch Penelope a while ago but we have yet to find her. We fear she is missing again!”

“Again?” Jack asked.
“Penelope has gotten into the habit of going missing,” Phillip sighed. “I can never keep track of her-“

Just then, the familer redhead rushed into the room. “I’m here!” She panted. “I’m here! I’m here, so sorry I’m late!”
Penelope was covered in dirt and smelled like alcohol. 
“Where were you?!” Phillip ran to her. “Why do you smell like a tavern?”
“I went into the village!” Penelope smiled. “Some guy asked me if I was a ‘Natural Redhead’ so I punched him. And then I got tacked into the street! I smashed a goblet of beer over the guy’s head and it splashed everyone! And then I ran back here.”
Everyone stood in shock, but Jill cracked a little. She giggled, impressed with the princess.

“Penelope dear, you could’ve gotten hurt!” Phillip said. “I can’t really have my bride dying before our wedding!”
Now that Phillip was king, the wedding was finally next. The planning alone is taking weeks! And the wedding is a month out.
“I know I know,” Penelope said. “It won’t happen again!”
“You said that last time. And the time before that!” Phillip sighed. “You leave me no choice.”
“If you lock me in a tower I swear-“
“No! No!” Phillip said. “I’m simply going to hire a bodyguard for you.”
“Thats worse!!” Penelope cried. “Phillip I can take care of myself!”
“Penelope I’m sorry but I just want to keep you safe. I’ll send out for the strongest men in the land-“

I’ll do it!

Everyone turned to Jill as she stood from her seat. 
“W-What?” Phillip asked.
“I’d do it! I’ll be her bodyguard!” Jill smiled passionately.
“No no, That won’t do. You are a princess now I couldn’t possibly ask you to-“
“What part of ‘I hate being royal’ didn’t you get?”
Phillip stayed silent. 
“I was a warrior for the Wicked Queen for years. I know my way with a weapon. I can protect her. Plus I’m a girl! So I can enter her chambers to make sure she doesn’t climb out a window!”
“Dammit...” Penelope grumbled.
“I suppose it does make sense,” Phillip said. “Very well. Starting tomorrow you will become Penelope’s bodyguard here in the castle.”

Jill smirked, sitting down. However when she looked over at Penelope, she didn’t expect to see a blushing princess.

To be continued...





No comments:

Post a Comment